The Student Room Group

Studying physics without maths / foundation year

I am studying physics, chemistry and computer science at a level. i do not take maths and have no option to do so at my college now. i plan on doing a foundation year in physics so i can then go onto a physics degree but i need honest answers. is there any point? i feel like my college has made it out to me that ill manage but now seeing lots of peoples opinions im starting to second guess myself and its honestly causing me so much stress. thankyou for any feedback
I would recommend a foundation year if you are planning to do a Physics degree without A-Level Maths. Physics has a lot of Maths content and it won't just be about the skills but it will directly use much of the calculus that the A-Level covered as a prerequisite.
Original post by lulalula
I am studying physics, chemistry and computer science at a level. i do not take maths and have no option to do so at my college now. i plan on doing a foundation year in physics so i can then go onto a physics degree but i need honest answers. is there any point? i feel like my college has made it out to me that ill manage but now seeing lots of peoples opinions im starting to second guess myself and its honestly causing me so much stress. thankyou for any feedback

It would be better to describe in detail how you are doing in physics at A level.
Did you do Additional Mathematics at GCSE? If yes, how good is it?

Your question "is there any point?" does it refer to taking a foundation year in physics? If yes, what do you know about the foundation year?

Next, what other opinions have you read to doubt your decision?

Quick Reply

Latest