The Student Room Group

A level options

I’m currently approaching the end of year 11 and I’m not sure what to pick for my 3rd option. So far I am certain of maths and economics but have no idea on the last. I am not strong in sciences even though I currently do triple and do not want to pursue science so I’m not sure if there’s a point. I wanted to do philosophy but my school doesn’t offer that course. I also was thinking about business but was told it is not a good a level to pick
Original post by O2privo
I’m currently approaching the end of year 11 and I’m not sure what to pick for my 3rd option. So far I am certain of maths and economics but have no idea on the last. I am not strong in sciences even though I currently do triple and do not want to pursue science so I’m not sure if there’s a point. I wanted to do philosophy but my school doesn’t offer that course. I also was thinking about business but was told it is not a good a level to pick
First I'd recommend going through the subjects your school offers and narrow it down to a list of maybe 7 that you wouldn't mind doing and don't sound like the worst thing in the world. Then read to see what sorts of content you'd learn in them and consider which ones might be useful for applying to certain uni courses etc... If you're still struggling to narrow down options I'd recommend physics it pairs nicely with maths and economics but that's just my opinion. I wouldn't recommend business with econ I think they're might be too much overlap between the two.

Quick Reply

Latest