The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath university requirements

I am a year 12 student looking to do a psychology course, I am predicted an a-a* in psych, a-b in art and a-b in geog, but I am hoping to get an a* in geog. I am also doing a core maths as level and an EPQ based around psychology
I have read that to get in, you need a grade 7 in GCSE maths, but I only got a 6
Would I still have a chance of getting into Bath with all of this, but without the maths GCSE grade
Reply 1
Original post by Tom_087
I am a year 12 student looking to do a psychology course, I am predicted an a-a* in psych, a-b in art and a-b in geog, but I am hoping to get an a* in geog. I am also doing a core maths as level and an EPQ based around psychology
I have read that to get in, you need a grade 7 in GCSE maths, but I only got a 6
Would I still have a chance of getting into Bath with all of this, but without the maths GCSE grade

GCSEs are usually hard requirements.

In exceptional circumstances we may be able to consider you with a 6 or B in GCSE Mathematics, providing you have strong GCSE grades in sciences and study Economics, Computing or a science at A level (or equivalent).

Source: https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2025/psychology/bsc-psychology/#entry-requirements

It may be worth emailling admissions to see if they would consider you, but psychology is really competitive, so you may be better off looking at other options.

You could also resit if your heart is set on Bath.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Core Maths may be okay instead of a higher GCSE grade - email the Uni and ask.
Reply 3
Original post by mesub
GCSEs are usually hard requirements.
Source: https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2025/psychology/bsc-psychology/#entry-requirements
It may be worth emailling admissions to see if they would consider you, but psychology is really competitive, so you may be better off looking at other options.
You could also resit if your heart is set on Bath.
Ah okay thank you
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Core Maths may be okay instead of a higher GCSE grade - email the Uni and ask.
okay I will do that, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest