The Student Room Group

A level geography help!

Hey guys, so I’m currently in year 13 studying three A-levels business economics and geography plus one language alevel.and I’m currently struggling in geography and the most. I’ve been getting around C,D and E even when revise a lot for them, does anyone that does geo. help me with any tips and recommendations that could help me boost the grade?
I’ve also got 9 days left until coursework deadline.. and I think it’s going fine asw.. hopefully it could help boost my grade up..
Heya so for geography id recommend doing mindmaps of case study’s with the key facts.Also doing lots of practice questions and going over. Topics u dont know to maximise your marks. YouTube is good to watch some summaries and also quizlet as they have already made pre resources on their like quizzes and flashcards so u wont hv to make them depending on ur exam board.I got a A in geography so if u hv any more questions dont hesitate to ask! Good with your exams and coursework:grin:
Original post by ebyrne2036
Heya so for geography id recommend doing mindmaps of case study’s with the key facts.Also doing lots of practice questions and going over. Topics u dont know to maximise your marks. YouTube is good to watch some summaries and also quizlet as they have already made pre resources on their like quizzes and flashcards so u wont hv to make them depending on ur exam board.I got a A in geography so if u hv any more questions dont hesitate to ask! Good with your exams and coursework:grin:

Hii thank you so much for the advice❤️
honestly I think I'm fine with the knowledge, it's just applying it when writing an exam, idk 😭 my mind just goes blank and I don't know how to word it😭 because in my mock I got a D and when whent back to read it it was hard for him me apply the knowledge.. 😭idk how to explain it

Hii what was the best way for you in learning the case studies and remembering the data / figures?
Hiya I found mind maps the best and also just writing them out over and over. Flash cards were helpful as well! It is a lot to learn tho

for geography, i found the best way to layout my case studies was if i actually imagined i was providing evidence for each point i was making, like i was a solicitor. if a question asks you to explain or assess, they’re asking for you to make your own judgement. for example, if a question came up and was assess that globalisation negatively impacts the environment, id write almost a pros and cons list, why it does affect the environment (water contamination etc) and then link each point with a case study i can remember and the same for why it doesn’t
idk if that helps at all
Original post by issysymonds123
for geography, i found the best way to layout my case studies was if i actually imagined i was providing evidence for each point i was making, like i was a solicitor. if a question asks you to explain or assess, they’re asking for you to make your own judgement. for example, if a question came up and was assess that globalisation negatively impacts the environment, id write almost a pros and cons list, why it does affect the environment (water contamination etc) and then link each point with a case study i can remember and the same for why it doesn’t
idk if that helps at all

Ohhh okayy tysm that helpss

Quick Reply

Latest