The Student Room Group

Strathclyde LLB Offers

Hello, Have any Scottish students (resident in Scotland) had offers back for the LLB Law course yet?

If so what grades did you get and if you dont mind me asking is your application informed by your SIMD20 data zones (Postcode) or school you attended?

Many thanks
Reply 1
My daughter has had an unconditional offer for Scots law with Spanish. Non-contextual. 6As by end S5.
Can I ask what does non contextual mean to you? I get confused with the use of this term. Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by scott1971annie
Can I ask what does non contextual mean to you? I get confused with the use of this term. Thanks
Hi it covers the postcodes as you mention , target school postcode and other factors like if the applicant is a young carer etc.
Reply 4
Original post by Raquele
Hi it covers the postcodes as you mention , target school postcode and other factors like if the applicant is a young carer etc.
Hi sorry just to clarify my response - contextual means all of those factors so "non contextual offer" means none of those factors applied.
My daughter received an unconditional offer for Strathclyde yesterday afternoon. So clearly the offers are moving now. Good luck.
My daughter also got an unconditional offer yesterday for LLB Scots Law with Modern Language (Spanish).
Hello! congrats to those starting to receive offers, that's really exciting! :biggrin: If you've not heard yet then don't panic, we receive lots of applications and Law in particular is very competitive so we'll be working our way through applications as quickly as we can.

For more info on our contextual admissions policy here's a useful link in case there's any other questions around this: Contextual admissions | University of Strathclyde :smile:

Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Reply 8
Is anyone still waiting to hear back for Scots Law? Finding the wait very stressful!
Scottish non contextual, 5As at Higher, predicted 3As at AH.
Original post by C333
Is anyone still waiting to hear back for Scots Law? Finding the wait very stressful!
Scottish non contextual, 5As at Higher, predicted 3As at AH.

I am, I’m still waiting to hear from Strathclyde and Edinburgh. Hopefully it’s not too much longer 🤞
Reply 10
Original post by mhairi-Spence
I am, I’m still waiting to hear from Strathclyde and Edinburgh. Hopefully it’s not too much longer 🤞

I hope so too. Good luck!🍀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending