The Student Room Group

Seeking Advice on Private Student Loans for International Students

Hello, I am a 17-year-old female student currently residing in Scotland. Having been in the country for one and a half years, I recently received an offer of admission to Strathclyde University for the LLB Law program. While I am thrilled about this opportunity, I find myself facing a financial hurdle as an international student.

As you may know, international student fees can be quite substantial, with my tuition fees amounting to £21,700. Despite applying for scholarships and awaiting responses, I am exploring alternative options to cover the costs.

During a conversation with a family member, they mentioned the possibility of obtaining a private student loan to finance my education. While intrigued by this suggestion, I am unsure of where to begin or which institutions offer such loans for international students in the UK.

Therefore, I am reaching out in the hopes of gaining insights or recommendations regarding private student loan options available to international students. If anyone has experience or knowledge in this area, I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance you can provide.Thank you in advance for your assistance and support.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by uloero
Hello, I am a 17-year-old female student currently residing in Scotland. Having been in the country for one and a half years, I recently received an offer of admission to Strathclyde University for the LLB Law program. While I am thrilled about this opportunity, I find myself facing a financial hurdle as an international student.

As you may know, international student fees can be quite substantial, with my tuition fees amounting to £21,700. Despite applying for scholarships and awaiting responses, I am exploring alternative options to cover the costs.

During a conversation with a family member, they mentioned the possibility of obtaining a private student loan to finance my education. While intrigued by this suggestion, I am unsure of where to begin or which institutions offer such loans for international students in the UK.

Therefore, I am reaching out in the hopes of gaining insights or recommendations regarding private student loan options available to international students. If anyone has experience or knowledge in this area, I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance you can provide.Thank you in advance for your assistance and support.

Have you considered deferring entry until you qualify for home fees?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending