The Student Room Group

Law at Durham, Manchester or Nottingham?

Hi guys, I have received law offers from Durham, Manchester, Nottingham as well as Glasgow. I don’t think I’m considering Glasgow because I figured their LLB course takes 4 years instead of 3, however I’m currently debating between Durham, Manchester and Nottingham and I can’t choose!!! For the most part of it I would like to know the employment situation & accommodation (or just anything) at these unis!!! If anyone could offer me any advice I’d really appreciate it! thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Jenna Hansley
Hi guys, I have received law offers from Durham, Manchester, Nottingham as well as Glasgow. I don’t think I’m considering Glasgow because I figured their LLB course takes 4 years instead of 3, however I’m currently debating between Durham, Manchester and Nottingham and I can’t choose!!! For the most part of it I would like to know the employment situation & accommodation (or just anything) at these unis!!! If anyone could offer me any advice I’d really appreciate it! thank you so much :smile:
Can i ask what you got for your LNAT score?
Original post by jjsisomalacad22
Can i ask what you got for your LNAT score?

I totally screwed up and got a 23 only. Fyi I was rejected by UCL because of LNAT so I’m very surprised when Durham offered me a place because I know they also value the LNAT a lot.
Original post by Jenna Hansley
Durham is obviously the best for law but your other choices are also very good and you would probably have similair career options from either of them. Go for the uni you feel you will thrive in, doing extracurriculars, internships and getting top law grades are vastly more important than the marginal differences in prestige, especially these days with most law firms being more egalitarian and having blind cvs. However regardless all your options are brilliant universities so congrats on your offers
Original post by loved-turret
Durham is obviously the best for law but your other choices are also very good and you would probably have similair career options from either of them. Go for the uni you feel you will thrive in, doing extracurriculars, internships and getting top law grades are vastly more important than the marginal differences in prestige, especially these days with most law firms being more egalitarian and having blind cvs. However regardless all your options are brilliant universities so congrats on your offers

Omg thank you so much for the advice, that really helps a lot!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending