The Student Room Group

DofE hot meal prep

Hey, I'm just starting out Duke of Edinburgh and am trying to plan a hot meal. For pasta, do we have to bring dry pasta and boil it ourselves, or can we bring a pre cooked pasta that we only have to heat up? Also any ideas in general for food prep would be great, I'm doing a practice expedition of just one night.
Original post by tinnohall
Hey, I'm just starting out Duke of Edinburgh and am trying to plan a hot meal. For pasta, do we have to bring dry pasta and boil it ourselves, or can we bring a pre cooked pasta that we only have to heat up? Also any ideas in general for food prep would be great, I'm doing a practice expedition of just one night.
we had to bring dry pasta but different schools may have different requiremnets
Reply 2
Original post by vatsal12345
we had to bring dry pasta but different schools may have different requiremnets

Oh okay, so you had to bring your own water to boil it first?
yh we carried extra water for it.
When I did my expedition for Gold, we brought Wayfayrer food packs (other brands are available). You can carry extra water specifically for boiling if you want to but D of E rules state that extra water may be obtained throughout the trip, i.e. at campsites, through river water and water purification tablets or given by supervisors and most of your hot meals will be at certain stopping points.

Quick Reply

Latest