The Student Room Group

Cheat days

Hi I’ve been doing a high protein based diet to put on lean muscle I’m not really trying to lose weight as I have done these diets before my main goal is to basically look really ripped like Hugh jackmen however I have jobs to go to so I don’t have enough time to prep loads of meals throughout the week.
I think that it is okay to have one day or two in your week to cheat. It is really hard for a man to accomodate a number of things, namely an effective and good trainng and a good diet daily at the same time. I confess that I don't eat healthy food every day. And if you are able to plan your high protein diet five or six days a week, you are very good at it.
Reply 2
Original post by Kallisto
I think that it is okay to have one day or two in your week to cheat. It is really hard for a man to accomodate a number of things, namely an effective and good trainng and a good diet daily at the same time. I confess that I don't eat healthy food every day. And if you are able to plan your high protein diet five or six days a week, you are very good at it.

If you have been on a strict diet for a months is it ok stop dieting for a week as I’m sure taking week off or two won’t kill my gains as I’ve worked out for a long time now.
Original post by Jamesx199612
If you have been on a strict diet for a months is it ok stop dieting for a week as I’m sure taking week off or two won’t kill my gains as I’ve worked out for a long time now.

My advice: do your diet as good as you can. Your metabolism is canged and can't be changed for worse so quickly - even if you are off one or two weeks with your diet!
Hi I’ve been doing a high protein based diet to put on lean muscle I’m not really trying to lose weight as I have done these diets before my main goal is to basically look really ripped like Hugh jackmen however I have jobs to go to so I don’t have enough time to prep loads of meals throughout the week.

What's your weight/ height and how strong are you
Reply 5

Prioritize protein, prep meals weekly, opt for quick protein sources, choose easy snacks, go for simple meals, consider supplements, focus on compound exercises.

Quick Reply

Latest