The Student Room Group

(Official) KMMS A100 2023 Offer Holders

Offers holders thread

Scroll to see replies

Hello 😁 do we know if there will be an offer holder's day at some point?
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello! Congrats everybody! 😊 If people don’t mind me asking, how are the other grads planning to fund this course? I told myself not to worry about funding until I got a place and.. well now I need to worry 🤣😅
Original post by Kerry.a.11
Hello! Congrats everybody! 😊 If people don’t mind me asking, how are the other grads planning to fund this course? I told myself not to worry about funding until I got a place and.. well now I need to worry 🤣😅

I literally said the same thing !! Haha tbh i never thought i’d ever be in this position, so it’s very surreal to me!

Im just gonna save up a lot from now on, maybe take on a second job too
Reply 4

Im not a grad but maybe check if you meet any scholarship requirements 👍🏽
Anyone here definitely firming KMMS?
Reply 6
Original post by Medic1214
Anyone here definitely firming KMMS?

I am

Yeah it's stressing me out NGL 😂 I applied for some small grants like the Richard Stanley Trust and I'm gonna pay for funding from the Foulkes Foundation too, then scholarships, part time work and potential grovelling to my parents if I still can't make up the difference 😅 luckily I also have a partner who works full time and is able to support me a bit 🥹
Reply 8
Original post by Silly_scientist

There will be one, in person and online.
Reply 9

There are competitive scholarships available, however existing grads are slaving off in work, or taking an extra loan out
Original post by WH4LI3N
There are competitive scholarships available, however existing grads are slaving off in work, or taking an extra loan out

oh @WH4LI3N :rofl:
But yh there are a few scholarships available. I work over the weekends and during the holidays when I can as I'm self funding. It can be difficult but has been doable thus far. As a grad, you are not eligible for the tuition fee loan from SFE but can still get a maintenance loan, bear in mind, the interest rates are currently capped at 6.5% and the maintenance loan will count as a separate loan (from my talks with SFE)
Hi I’m a graduate here congrats to everyone, what are people thinking about accommodation? as I am unsure whether I would want to go back into halls etc. Would appreciate some advice!!
Original post by Kap_8766
Hi I’m a graduate here congrats to everyone, what are people thinking about accommodation? as I am unsure whether I would want to go back into halls etc. Would appreciate some advice!!

The unis tend to group medics together, so if you do go for uni halls then you would be sharing with other medics. If you go privately, this might not be the case and you might be sharing with people doing other courses.

There are a few grads who got a house together this year as well, so that is an option as well.
Reply 13
I'm a grad, also.
Wherever I decide to go in the end, I will definitely want to do private lodgings rather than the halls!
Reply 14
Original post by Ish00787
99% of offer holders are grads smh

According to kmms's instagram, this is untrue
Original post by 15KhanH
According to kmms's instagram, this is untrue

And that neatly demonstrates the problem with small sample sizes 😂
Volunteer Note: Please do not share or ask for off-site contact details, this includes other forums and social media. This is against TSR rules and it is there for the safety of yourself and others. Thanks

18th of March I believe.
Original post by WH4LI3N
18th of March I believe.

Yeah, shame I can't be there as I really would have loved to go and have a look + meet other offer holders!
Yeah, shame I can't be there as I really would have loved to go and have a look + meet other offer holders!

there is an online offer holders event as well. I can't remember the date unfortunately. Do you follow the official KMMS Instagram page? That tends to have info about these things and they also have do a Q&A session every wednesday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending