The Student Room Group

A level options

Im about to write my GCSE's in 7 weeks and have been applying to different sixth forms with the subjects biology and chemistry in mind. I want to go into dermatology and am unsure of what other subject to pick.
i want a subject that lets me focus more on biology and chemistry but one that will also help me get into a medical course when i apply for uni soon.
i wanted to do psychology but i'm not sure because it looks so longg!
Geography was my second option but im not sure if it goes well with bio and chem.
My grades are good (in my opinion) so my options are open but i'm really not sure.

Any suggestions???
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by ruvatamarr
Im about to write my GCSE's in 7 weeks and have been applying to different sixth forms with the subjects biology and chemistry in mind. I want to go into dermatology and am unsure of what other subject to pick.
i want a subject that lets me focus more on biology and chemistry but one that will also help me get into a medical course when i apply for uni soon.
Geography was my second option but im not sure if it goes well with bio and chem.
My grades are good (in my opinion) so my options are open but i'm really not sure.
Any suggestions???
Hi there,

If you're wanting to go into something medical, the more science based subjects you do the better position you'll be in with your applications in the future. I think Biology and Chemistry would be the most logical, after that it really is up to your preferences. Psychology would look best, as it's closer linked to the world of medicine, but Geography has its merits on a more physics style of topic. A lot of people also choose Maths as an a-level, as it's one of the more difficult ones so carries a bit more weight if you're able to get a good grade.

Hope this helps.

Ethan
Original post by ruvatamarr
Any suggestions???

If you know that all you NEED for med/dermatology is bio+chem, I would suggest pick a 3rd a-level in something you will enjoy+get a high grade in. I have really enjoyed geography a-level and its been a good balance to my other ones (maths, fm, chem).

Quick Reply

Latest