The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Marine Bio at Plymouth

I plan/want to study for this degree at Plymouth, but I'm looking for anyone's view or experience here to see if I'd like it myself!
Thank you!! :biggrin:
Original post by jelllyfiiish
I plan/want to study for this degree at Plymouth, but I'm looking for anyone's view or experience here to see if I'd like it myself!

Hey @jelllyfiiish

We have a great student rep who studies Marine Biology here in Plymouth called Albert, and you can chat to him here!

You can also watch three of our Marine Bio student Instagram Takeovers!

Hope this helps 😄

Bests,
Amelia - University of Plymouth
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by jelllyfiiish

Hi there! Great to hear you're planning to study marine biology here with us at the university! :smile:

I study zoology so have a similar background and share some of the same modules/experiences as marine biology students, whilst most of my friends are also studying marine biology, so feel free to reach out with any questions you might have!

From my experience, the marine modules I have had are excellent. The lecturers are engaging, friendly, and approachable and teach the practical sessions, boat work, and sessions very well. The marine facilities are outstanding at Plymouth, with our marine station and boats that students regularly use during 'boat weeks' and other sessions across the year. I recently got to spend a day on Wavedancer (one of the university's boats) and it was an amazing experiences. The field trips for marine biology also look super too! I know someone that came back from South Africa this year and absolutely loved it.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out or speak to one of our Unibuddy ambassadors!

Best of luck!

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Ambassador
Original post by University of Plymouth
Hey @jelllyfiiish
We have a great student rep who studies Marine Biology here in Plymouth called Albert, and you can chat to him here!
You can also watch three of our Marine Bio student Instagram Takeovers!
Hope this helps 😄
Bests,
Amelia - University of Plymouth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending