The Student Room Group

National 5 study help

I’m currently doing 7 national 5s- english, maths, history, art, biology, business, pe. I don’t know how to revise for any of them. i don’t know what and how to do it during study leave. any help tips would be appreciated.I’ve passed all my prelims(mainnly Bs and two As)expect english, was a mark off a C. I’m currently getting support on how to improve critical essays after school tomorrow but i’ve always struggled with english especially with the ruae as it’s about the skills i don’t have.i’m a history and art girlie
Reply 1
Original post by wv1022
I’m currently doing 7 national 5s- english, maths, history, art, biology, business, pe. I don’t know how to revise for any of them. i don’t know what and how to do it during study leave. any help tips would be appreciated.I’ve passed all my prelims(mainnly Bs and two As)expect english, was a mark off a C. I’m currently getting support on how to improve critical essays after school tomorrow but i’ve always struggled with english especially with the ruae as it’s about the skills i don’t have.i’m a history and art girlie

Sorry for being late
History- make a summary of everything you need to know for each section with enough for a explain/ essay question. And practice the structure of the questions.
Maths- do every past paper possible then make a sheet filled of your mistakes and learn how to answer all of them.
English- I'm the opposite, RUAE is the only thing I'm a good at, I would recommend to make a flash card on the structure of how to answer every RUAE question e.g. "quote" this shows..., just as... So too...
Then do past papers and get your teacher to mark them. ( If they refuse then try get parents/ friends)
Reply 2
Original post by Lesam
Sorry for being late
History- make a summary of everything you need to know for each section with enough for a explain/ essay question. And practice the structure of the questions.
Maths- do every past paper possible then make a sheet filled of your mistakes and learn how to answer all of them.
English- I'm the opposite, RUAE is the only thing I'm a good at, I would recommend to make a flash card on the structure of how to answer every RUAE question e.g. "quote" this shows..., just as... So too...
Then do past papers and get your teacher to mark them. ( If they refuse then try get parents/ friends)

Thank u so much! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by wv1022
Thank u so much! :smile:

Could I ask you a question?
Do you know how to write a good critical essay?
Reply 4
Original post by Lesam
Could I ask you a question?
Do you know how to write a good critical essay?

Hi, sorry for the late reply but not really but i’m writing on it!
Reply 5
Oh ok, thanks anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending