The Student Room Group

Help choosing Highers for s5

Okay so bear with me as I've never made a post like this but im really struggling with picking my highers for next year which are due in a week.

Currently I'm taking history, rmps, dance, business and English at a national 5 level .
Aswell as chemistry and maths at a national 4 level .

I'm pretty certain in taking english, rmps, history, and busness, as highers but am not wanting to take dance into a higher qualification as I don't believe I will pass .I'm also not wanting to take maths onto a national 5 level this year which means I need another subject. I was considering crashing higher modern studies or higher psychology but im not sure how difficult they will be so really what my question is can anyone who has taken these give me some advice on how challenging it would be?
Would it be bad to take 3 humanities subjects at the same time?
And lastly and I may make an additional post for this question but is doing maths in 6 year essential or is it okay to just do it at collage after obtaining my other qualifications aka highers .

Thank u if u read all that
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum
which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Sorry I don't see a link?
Reply 3
As for your nat5 in maths it’s definitely possible to do at college if you think thats its the best option for you, there may be fees with doing it at college but i don’t really know its best to ask your local college or even your school.

Taking 3 humanities isnt the worst idea imo since they are all pretty similar to eachother so will be easier for you in the long run. however diversifying choices is usually a good thing to do if you aren’t sure on your future plans but i dont know what they are for you, if its journalism or something similar then you can focus on these subjects.

Sadly i didnt do much humanities at higher besides rmps and english so cant help you there.

hope this helps and im happy to answer any more questions. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by charlie(:
As for your nat5 in maths it’s definitely possible to do at college if you think thats its the best option for you, there may be fees with doing it at college but i don’t really know its best to ask your local college or even your school.

Taking 3 humanities isnt the worst idea imo since they are all pretty similar to eachother so will be easier for you in the long run. however diversifying choices is usually a good thing to do if you aren’t sure on your future plans but i dont know what they are for you, if its journalism or something similar then you can focus on these subjects.

Sadly i didnt do much humanities at higher besides rmps and english so cant help you there.

hope this helps and im happy to answer any more questions. :smile:

Thank you 🙂
I'd recommend biting the bullet and just taking Nat 5 Maths. Since every Uni requires it it's best not to wait until college.
Reply 6
Original post by NameUserer
I'd recommend biting the bullet and just taking Nat 5 Maths. Since every Uni requires it it's best not to wait until college.

Do u think doing it now in s5 would be better or waiting until s6
Original post by Anonymous 543
Do u think doing it now in s5 would be better or waiting until s6

Probably S5 so it's still fresh in your memory.
Reply 8
Original post by NameUserer

Probably S5 so it's still fresh in your memory.

Thank you for replying

Quick Reply

Latest