The Student Room Group

Accommodation contract length at uni

I am looking to study children's nursing at uni starting next September (2024) so doing all the research over the summer! I can't seem to find a solid answer anywhere but when looking at contact lengths ive found different options from 39-51 weeks and not sure what option would be best if that makes sense.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Take the longest you can get. As a student nurse, you're guaranteed to be off for the fortnight over Christmas, the other 5-6 weeks you'll get off will be split over the year and you'll be in uni or on placement for the rest of it.
Original post by izzy21234
I am looking to study children's nursing at uni starting next September (2024) so doing all the research over the summer! I can't seem to find a solid answer anywhere but when looking at contact lengths ive found different options from 39-51 weeks and not sure what option would be best if that makes sense.

Hello @izzy21234 [br] [br] I hope you’re well. I think if they offer 48 or 51 weeks, both would be suitable. Healthcare courses typically run longer than your average courses and you’ll spend more time at university, in your accommodation.

It would be best to get a longer length contract to ensure you’ll have somewhere to stay throughout the duration of your academic year!

Kind regards,
Jade
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending