The Student Room Group

Starting business during (nursing) degree?

Hey guys,

I wonder if anyone has started a business while studying for their degree.

I will start my third year of undergrad nursing in September; for anyone who doesn't know, that is quite an intense course.
I will be on hospital 12-hour placement between September-October and May-July. As well as this, I will be completing exams and assignments from January-May.
I also work three days a week whilst studying as loans/bursary isn't enough, and I need this money to help with start-up costs for my business.

I don't want to wait to start my business, as I've put it off long enough.
If you have any tips on how to manage/cope, it would be much appreciated, specifically around time management, discipline and general endurance. also, if you would like to share your stories regarding this.
I'd appreciate as many responses as possible.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Why are you doing a nursing degree if you want to start a business? The thing you haven't budgeted into your 12 hour shift is commuting times to / from hospital and an hour of breaks. So you are out for 13 hours plus commute time. That doesn't leave much time in the evenings to answer emails or other queries regarding your business. Also, sure, you have four days off, but like you say, there are assignments, reflections and general reading to do. A nursing degree is definitely a full time activity. Do you really have time and energy to start another full time activity on top? Personally, I would do one or the other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending