The Student Room Group

Does he even like me?

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 7 months now. At the start he was very lovey dovey and almost “obsessed” with me (in a good cute way lol) , but after we got comfortable all of a sudden that physical love has reduced. It’s always more jokey and he’s always treating me like one of the lads. Every time I do try to initiate anything it’s always cut short and then straight onto jokes. I mentioned this to him a couple times and he always responds “we don’t always have to be like that” but the issue is he’s not like that anymore at all. Completely different to how he was at the start. And now I’m questioning things and idk what to do…
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend and I have been together for about 7 months now. At the start he was very lovey dovey and almost “obsessed” with me (in a good cute way lol) , but after we got comfortable all of a sudden that physical love has reduced. It’s always more jokey and he’s always treating me like one of the lads. Every time I do try to initiate anything it’s always cut short and then straight onto jokes. I mentioned this to him a couple times and he always responds “we don’t always have to be like that” but the issue is he’s not like that anymore at all. Completely different to how he was at the start. And now I’m questioning things and idk what to do…

No he just loved your pussy for a bit and is now bored

be mine instead

Talk to him urgently, with the preface that this is a serious conversation. Don't let yourself lose someone because you didn't communicate with him.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. You seem to have already made the first step in trying to resolve the issue which is communicating how you are feeling with him, but he seems to be dismissive of your feelings and the conversation does not seem to be going anywhere. It is normal and natural for couples to get more comfortable with each other as a relationship progresses and while that is scary it is a natural part of loving someone and being able to not actively be anxious about exciting them, it is not to say that the relationship is going stale or there is an issue but that you have been with someone for a while and you've passed the high intensity honeymoon phase. However, I personally do not think that they stop completely loving their partners or stop feeling attracted to them, this is something I was anxious and used to overthink about when my boyfriend and I reached past our one year mark, but there is a difference between being comfortable and things calming down to losing attraction for the person. If he is not treating you that way at all and neither of you can find suggestions to fix the issue being receptive to your partner, then it might be time for a breakup because compatibility has failed you. Try to work through things but if it doesn't work and you are unhappy, then you should not have to stay in that situation.

Hi

These jokes, do they tend to be of the at your expense, putting your down type? Or are they more about anything and everything? And do they get you laughing?
Making put downey jokes at your expense is a bad sign.

How is the love making with him now? Often enough and satisfying enough for you?

If the nature of the jokes and the sex are good enough, he loves you.

The next things to question are whether you are compatible enough as life partners. In:
approach to money; earning, spending investing
how you resolve conflict. If he often laughs things off that will make it easier to be compatible with him than if he gets heavy and serious over even minor things
how many children you and he wants

It's fine if he's not obsessed with you - especially if he does interesting or fun or rewarding stuff when he's not with you. And as long as you and him enjoy yourselves when you are together. And you go on enough adventures or mini adventures together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending