The Student Room Group

Work visa requirements during modern languages course year abroad


As part of my course that includes a foreign language, I need to spend my third year abroad. I will be spending my year in Spain.

During this year, I have the option to study or find a work placement. My preference is to find a work placement. The placement will be for around 6-8 months.

I have a company that is interested but have been told that I need to take care of the visa requirements myself. The company will not sponsor my visa application.

Has anyone been through this process post brexit?

Can anyone please run me through the process and cost for arranging such a work placement visa as part of a university course?


Quick Reply