The Student Room Group

Rolls Royce Vs Imperial College

I recently received offers from imperial college and a degree apprenticeship offer from Rolls Royce (both in materials science) I know that both offer very different lifestyles but which do you think will lead to the best long term career outcomes and career mobility? (I have always had a fear of closing doors so would like to keep options open in finance or consultancy.) I have also considered taking a STEM bursary from the RAF which would fund my university degree at imperial in return for me serving 4 years as an engineering officer.
Reply 1
Original post by student987637
They are both absolutely fantastic options, you are closing no doors by taking either route. You need to consider where you will be happy spending the next couple years of your life, ie. social opportunities and making new friends may be limited within a degree apprenticeship. Unless, it offers accommodation at the university you would be studying at- that way you would retain some of the 'experience' that you would otherwise miss out on?

I believe I can get a place in the uni halls just like any other member of the uni which should be helpful. Only concern is I'll effectively be working a full time job and may be kept up by people partying mid week but I'm sure I can ask to be at the end of the corridor or something to limit disruption.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending