The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL LAW

I applied to KCL for law and ran out of time towards the end of my LNAT and am certain my LNAT score is not going to be very good. Is it possible that kcl will accept me if the rest of my application is strong and my predicted grades are high? Also what is the lowest LNAT score they accept people with
Sorry to hear that you were running low on time! I sat the LNAT last year myself, so I know how challenging it can be! I know it’s easier said than done, but there’s nothing else you can do now, you’ve tried your absolute hardest, so try your best not to ruminate over this, you won’t do yourself any good. At the end of the day, no one can tell you your chances, or if you’ll get an offer or not, apart from the university themselves. All I can suggest is try and find out how they weigh the score vs the essay (unless this is the uni that doesn’t look at the essay section, then never mind this!), and also see if you can find the spreadsheets from last year- there most likely will be a spreadsheet of law KCL applicants that had their stats on (incl their LNAT score) and whether they got an offer or not; this might help to give you an idea as to what scores usually meant a successful application.

Best of luck to you :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Tilly0561
I applied to KCL for law and ran out of time towards the end of my LNAT and am certain my LNAT score is not going to be very good. Is it possible that kcl will accept me if the rest of my application is strong and my predicted grades are high? Also what is the lowest LNAT score they accept people with

I don't think law universities really favour you if your predicted grades are high, because from what I saw last year, they treated people that had predicted A*AA and A*A*A* the same in terms of offer distribution.

Coming to the LNAT score, I think I remember reading that KCL's average offer holder had an LNAT score of 26/27. Imo though, if you get between 25-30 you have a good chance, and 30+ means you've excelled in the LNAT and that shouldn't be a concern of yours at all.

I know people with very high LNAT scores that didn't get into KCL last year but I'm not going to scare you with that, because I equally know people that got slightly lower LNAT scores getting in. Don't stress about it!

Quick Reply

Latest