The Student Room Group

I am predicted AAB/ABB would Kings Collage London accept me for Law?

I am currently doing criminology, Law and psychology and I wanna do Law in uni and I really wanna get into KCL but I don’t know if I could get into KCL with potential AAB? Is it possible?
If you were to apply it would be unlikely you would get an offer. KCL is very competitive for law. However, check to see if you are eligible for a contextual offer. If you are then you can apply with AAB. I always say apply though if you really want KCL - if you don't apply then you will never get in!

There is still plenty of time to get those predictions upped though if that is possible. Ask your teachers what you can do to get them upped.

UCAS apps don't close into January and you will have assessed pieces of work in that time for sure so try and get A* in those. Colleges usually make up assessed work from previous exams, and you can look at the past papers on https://revisionworld.com/a2-level-level-revision/level-exam-past-papers
So, for example, if the topic you will be studying at the start of term is contract law, your assessment will be based on contract, and you can look back at previous papers to see what questions were asked.
They will most likely use the most recent paper, either 2022 or 2023. Revision world does not have 2023 papers on there, but you can try and find what topics came up on the exam by searching on TSR or on twitter.

However, every college policy on this is different, and these predictions may fixed based on your end of A1 exams, but I would say it is very likely you can still get them upped.

If you can't get them upped, you will still get into a RG uni. If KCL is your top uni then still apply and practice hard for the LNAT and apply to 4 other RG unis. Liverpool, Sheffield, Southampton, Newcastle, Cardiff are the easiest RG unis to get into and will likely give you an offer. The likes of Notts/Manchester/Leeds/Brum are defiantly attainable as well. Don't be put off by their A*AA requirements - these were only upped due to grade inflation - and were all AAA a few years ago and won't be as competitive as the London unis with the same requirements.

Your college will tell you to apply to several 'safe' choices - don't do this as all the 'safe' (rubbish) unis will all be in clearing for law anyway and are a waste of an application space.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions.
Reply 2
Original post by LawStudent456
If you were to apply it would be unlikely you would get an offer. KCL is very competitive for law. However, check to see if you are eligible for a contextual offer. If you are then you can apply with AAB. I always say apply though if you really want KCL - if you don't apply then you will never get in!

There is still plenty of time to get those predictions upped though if that is possible. Ask your teachers what you can do to get them upped.

UCAS apps don't close into January and you will have assessed pieces of work in that time for sure so try and get A* in those. Colleges usually make up assessed work from previous exams, and you can look at the past papers on https://revisionworld.com/a2-level-level-revision/level-exam-past-papers
So, for example, if the topic you will be studying at the start of term is contract law, your assessment will be based on contract, and you can look back at previous papers to see what questions were asked.
They will most likely use the most recent paper, either 2022 or 2023. Revision world does not have 2023 papers on there, but you can try and find what topics came up on the exam by searching on TSR or on twitter.

However, every college policy on this is different, and these predictions may fixed based on your end of A1 exams, but I would say it is very likely you can still get them upped.

If you can't get them upped, you will still get into a RG uni. If KCL is your top uni then still apply and practice hard for the LNAT and apply to 4 other RG unis. Liverpool, Sheffield, Southampton, Newcastle, Cardiff are the easiest RG unis to get into and will likely give you an offer. The likes of Notts/Manchester/Leeds/Brum are defiantly attainable as well. Don't be put off by their A*AA requirements - these were only upped due to grade inflation - and were all AAA a few years ago and won't be as competitive as the London unis with the same requirements.

Your college will tell you to apply to several 'safe' choices - don't do this as all the 'safe' (rubbish) unis will all be in clearing for law anyway and are a waste of an application space.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you so much!!!
You’ve been a great help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending