The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

housing accommodation for Study Abroad student

Hi everyone!! I just got accepted to study abroad at CAHSS, and I have to choose five places I'm willing to live. My requirements are that I have a single and my own bathroom. I like the idea of the cluster flats because it will make socializing easier. However, with the options I am provided on the accommodation application, there are 4 that meet all my requirements and are close to where my classes will be, for my 5th option I either have to choose something like Holland House or John Burnett that is close to my classes but has no cluster flats and is catered, or I choose an option like Brae House, Beaverbank, or Murano, and while they have the cluster flats and are self-catered they are a 30-minute walk or a bus ride from where my classes will be. I know next to nothing about the campus or the culture, so I guess I'm asking if living further away is reasonable and if the cluster flats and self-catering stuff will make a difference in my social life and overall happiness! I go to a college in the US with under 2000 students total, so this is all foreign to me!

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending