The Student Room Group

teach yourself math methods in two months?

After 1.5 years in IB, I experienced my first timed math methods exam. Ever.

I suppose the reason why we never had a proper maths exam ever before is because of our crappy teacher. She opens the door to the classroom, distributes some past paper questions (which we have on a CD-rom already) and sits down at the teacher's desk, staring right out in the air in front of her, without any attempt at teaching. (She actually did try that before---teaching, I mean---but it turned out a huge failure, partly because of her inabiltiy to communicate in English, and partly because she has no idea about how to explain even the most trivial maths concept.) We DID have tests before (not this year, though), but always without any time contraints.

Now, it's not that I don't KNOW the things on the exam paper. I made every single exercise in that heavy-australian-always-wrong-in-the-answer-section (IBID?) methods textbook. I'm perfectly able to do past papers within the scheduled time in the peace and tranquility of my home. It's just that I can't do it in the exam room.

Does anyone have any suggestions about a really good exercise book for math methods paper2-like questions?

Any other advice? Study techniques? Exam techniques?

Would be happy for all of it...!
exam techniqus befo go in, cram any hard formulae. in 1st 5 min in the exam go through the paper in the 1st five mins and jot down any of the afrementioned formulae u namy need and notes on how to do the q. then do the ppr. study methods? cram the week before only stopping to eat and sleep. this way the adrenaline from stress help u study more

Latest

Trending

Trending