The Student Room Group

St Dominics Sixth Form College?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
=] Guys is anybody ready for GCSE geography exam....I am extremely worried and I need to do it at A-level at domz =[
Does anybody know what it is like doing geography there next year?
x
Reply 201
hahaha
i've been in doms for almost a year and i didn't know there was a doms-related student room xD
have fun next year, future doms peeps, you're gonna love it!
Reply 202
neer911
hahaha
i've been in doms for almost a year and i didn't know there was a doms-related student room xD

Hey if you don't me asking what was your average GCSE score? x Thanks!
neer911
hahaha

so true :smile:
Reply 204
ermm i got 6A*s and 3As.. think that comes to about 7.7 right? yeah..
and to think my offer was 6Cs =D
Reply 205
veggie4life
so true :smile:

if you don't me asking, which second year are you? can't say i know too many, but i know a few :smile:
neer911
if you don't me asking, which second year are you? can't say i know too many, but i know a few :smile:

haha you might not know me? I'm Tyler. But if not, pleased to meet you :smile:
Reply 207
nah, don't know you :P
good to meet you, i'm Neer (1st year)
Reply 208
neer911
ermm i got 6A*s and 3As.. think that comes to about 7.7 right? yeah..
and to think my offer was 6Cs =D

Wow that is really good =]:smile:
Reply 209
chadz
Wow that is really good =]:smile:

cheers lol kenyan education :yes:
which subjects are you gonna take next year? and have you got an offer and stuff?
Reply 210
neer911
cheers lol kenyan education :yes:
which subjects are you gonna take next year? and have you got an offer and stuff?

Yaa I have a conditional offer i have to get an average score of 6.9 , next year i aspire to take geography, maths, economics, r.e. and literature =]

how about you what you taken?
Reply 211
whoa nice choices, although you should probably cross your fingers and hope you don't get helen in literature, my friend was contemplating suicide coz of her xD as have many, i'm sure :P
ermm i'm doing maths, further maths, economics, biology and chemistry.
i'll probably drop biology or chemistry at the end of this year though
neer911
whoa nice choices, although you should probably cross your fingers and hope you don't get helen in literature, my friend was contemplating suicide coz of her xD as have many, i'm sure :P
ermm i'm doing maths, further maths, economics, biology and chemistry.
i'll probably drop biology or chemistry at the end of this year though

does helen teach lang/lit as well? because i believe a friend of mine has her for that.
Reply 213
jelly1000
does helen teach lang/lit as well? because i believe a friend of mine has her for that.

think she does.. tbh i've never met the person ever, yet i'm scared of her after listening to all the stories about her :P
you're coming to doms next year too?
neer911
think she does.. tbh i've never met the person ever, yet i'm scared of her after listening to all the stories about her :P
you're coming to doms next year too?

no, im in yr12 now and a st doms reject :p:
Was gutted at the time, spent a whole day crying my eyes out but now ive over it lol
Reply 215
jelly1000
no, im in yr12 now and a st doms reject :p:
Was gutted at the time, spent a whole day crying my eyes out but now ive over it lol

ahh pityy where do you go atm?
how come they rejected you?
neer911
ahh pityy where do you go atm?
how come they rejected you?

I go to Hatch End now. And they said they rejected me on the basis of predicted grades- I was predicted 3A/A*'s 4A's 2A/B's & 1C. And I'm not Catholic. Unfortunatley all the a/a* grades e.c.t confused the interviewer a bit, but then my school was weird like that.
Reply 217
whoa those are pretty decent predicted grades, you should have told your interviewer it was 3A*s 5As 1B and 1C or something :smile:
mine weren't brilliant either, was predicted 1A* and 8As, and i'm not catholic either. but i guess coz i'd be an overseas student, they lowered the offer for me (6Cs) :smile:
heyy

thought i'd *bump* this thread =)

Basically, I just wanted to know, would St. Dom's let you change one of your subjects you wrote on the application form (e.g. French A-Level to Biology A-level instead)? Or would you have to try and do this once the term has started?

Also, is it possible to drop one of your subjects at A-level? (I put down 5 a - levels but I might drop one at AS).
Thanks x
Reply 219
ice_dragoness274
heyy

thought i'd *bump* this thread =)

Basically, I just wanted to know, would St. Dom's let you change one of your subjects you wrote on the application form (e.g. French A-Level to Biology A-level instead)? Or would you have to try and do this once the term has started?

Also, is it possible to drop one of your subjects at A-level? (I put down 5 a - levels but I might drop one at AS).
Thanks x

haha that was a good idea.. its been long since someone has written something new..
as far as i know, i think we can, becuase at the interview, because i wasnt sure whether to do eng lit or business, she put down both options and said u can choose later on.. so i take that as a yes? :confused:
as for dropping a subject at a-level.. not so sure on that.. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending