The Student Room Group

St Dominics Sixth Form College?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
chadz
Well ive got a conditional offer from st domz saying iff i get average of 6.9 then im in bt like i dno if that means im in n whether 2 accept stanmore college or
for the intervieww wear nytin smart they ask yu bout work experiance too, my predicted grades were good that probs y i got an interview btw why have we gta pay £150???

DONT GO STANMORE COLLEGE!!!! st doms is way better... how can you even compare the two??
Reply 161
larry000
does anyone know why some people got offers of 6.8 and others got 6.9?

i wanna kno the same thing..
Reply 162
ft1000
got my letter this morning!!! got a conditional offer, need a gcse score of 6.8 to be accepted, any1 else get a letter this morning?

6.8? why did i get 6.9 then? x
Reply 163
i wnaaa the same thing
thanks bout the £150 infoo
LOOOOL haaaa i cnt compare themm LOOOOOOOOOL HAHA I KNOWW HU FISH 99 IS HAAAAAAAAAA
X
Reply 164
yep got a conditional offer too!...6.8..
Reply 165
guess who
yep got a conditional offer too!...6.8..

i got 6.9....
wa r u predicted? x
yawn
I'm assuming that you are not already at the school and are applying as an external student. For those already attending a school, there is no need to apply formally for a Year 12 plece. But students seeking admission on transfer to Year 12 may be selected on the basis of academic ability. Since you haven't had your GCSE results yet, then you can contest that part since it is only a prediction at this stage, and not a fact!

If you have seen the Admissions Policy (and I can't find one on their website) then you can look through that and see if they've applied their policy correctly in your case. It may be that they give priority to those transferring from other linked Catholic schools who are practicing Catholics, followed by those who have siblings already there or who will be still be there when you are due to commence Key stage 5 studies. Admissions Policies have to detail their oversubcription criteria and adhere to it to the letter.

You can appeal against not being offered a place. And if you are successful, then you get a place without needing to wait, in other words, you leap ahead of those on the waiting list.

My advice is:

Get a copy of the Admissions Policy
Ensure it has been correctly applied in your case
Apply to go on the waiting list AND appeal the decision

You have nothing to lose by appealing and maybe something to gain. Good luck and don't give up yet if this is really what you want. :smile:

hey

yeh they said that they had loads of people applying this year and the thing is, is that wen the woman calculated my GCSE points score it was a 7.0 so i dont think my predicted grades had anything to do with it. i think it is because i dont live in the borough of harrow because i live in hillingdon so i think that they had to check that as well.
st doms was my first choice but i did get accepted to other places as well.
i dont think my rejection has anything to do with the admissions criterea because i think they were fair about it. i mean they said that they do give priority to some other school first and then catholics and other christians and then everyone else.

but thanks anyways and i think that i will apply for the waiting list
Reply 167
urm my average is 7.2...wht bout you?
Reply 168
Predicted grade wise my average is 7.3
Reply 169
guess who
urm my average is 7.2...wht bout you?

7.1.. if my averge is less than urs, why du u need to get 6.8 n me 6.9?
Reply 170
fish99
7.1.. if my averge is less than urs, why du u need to get 6.8 n me 6.9?

beCAUSE U R NOT AS SMART HENCE U GOT LEss
Reply 171
i know someone whos been asked for a 6.5 average, even people with better predictions didn't get in
Any chance of ringing them on results day (if you have decent grades obviously)?
Reply 172
Dev25
i know someone whos been asked for a 6.5 average, even people with better predictions didn't get in
Any chance of ringing them on results day (if you have decent grades obviously)?

yeh... u can def re-apply in septemeber..
Reply 173
SteveJobs
beCAUSE U R NOT AS SMART HENCE U GOT LEss

but thats the thing.. guess who is predicted better than me yet i have a higher average requirement
we have to pay 150 but its worth it im lucky i got a offer of 6.8 why do most of you have offers of 6.9 do you guys live far away from doms??????
12 people form my school got in, and I think about 5 got rejected and I personally think that the offers were made on the basis of predicted grades only.
Reply 176
Wildstylerandymoss
we have to pay 150 but its worth it im lucky i got a offer of 6.8 why do most of you have offers of 6.9 do you guys live far away from doms??????

i live in harrow... :s-smilie:
Reply 177
Harrow...Fish 99 you live in Kenton not Harrow
Reply 178
fish99
i live in harrow... :s-smilie:

You live Kenton not Harrow
mine's 6.9 might be to do with distance coz i live bareeee far away from St. Dom's (Finchley). Gotta get the bus and tube if I keep my offer, it takes about an hour or more o_O!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending