The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
:rofl: nah it's just from years of playing the cereal box game

I had a feeling you were going to say this... :tongue:

Original post by yawn
I have to laugh about our 'cartwheels chat.' :wink:

My party piece is all about cartwheels. At social gatherings I encourage people to perform whatever is their speciality, whether it be singing, reciting poetry, telling a joke...you get the idea.

When it's my turn, I get them to anticipate my party piece by beginning with an exaggerated 'warm-up', limbering and bouncing on my feets, waving my arms around, twisting my torso, bending and flexing my neck...this can take a good two minutes. I then tell them to clear a path; they move to either side of the room excitedly expecting great things. My face is contorted with feigned concentration; I make my run-up and...collapse in a heap!!

It never fails to amuse because I have no inhibitions about looking silly if it's entertaining others. :biggrin:

That is quite awesome. Hats off to you my friend. I ended up performing cartwheels for some children, at my grand old age of 19 they didn't think I could do it :tongue:
Original post by yawn
Thanks for the link. That game is on my party repertoire from now on. :smile:

I was introduced to this game at uni, you start practising it in your spare time if your competitive enough, and then it takes over your life :tongue:
Reply 4221
And jeans lend much less well to the exercise than skirts or dresses! Once tried it in skinny jeans...NEVER AGAIN!

That's a good point. So if the guys want to have a realistic chance of doing as well as the girls, they need to come prepared with a dress or skirt to change into. :biggrin:

I reckon they still wouldn't stand a chance because of their innate clumsiness. There's a big difference between bending backwards and bending fowards in terms of remaining on one's feet.
Original post by rainbowbex
I had a feeling you were going to say this... :tongue:

That is quite awesome. Hats off to you my friend. I ended up performing cartwheels for some children, at my grand old age of 19 they didn't think I could do it :tongue:

I was introduced to this game at uni, you start practising it in your spare time if your competitive enough, and then it takes over your life :tongue:

Ha ha I have just attempted it this morning to check I can still do it!

Original post by yawn
That's a good point. So if the guys want to have a realistic chance of doing as well as the girls, they need to come prepared with a dress or skirt to change into. :biggrin:

I reckon they still wouldn't stand a chance because of their innate clumsiness. There's a big difference between bending backwards and bending fowards in terms of remaining on one's feet.

One guy once stripped down to boxers as he was determined to win! (He didn't win, couldn't get it from about 3 inches off the ground)

Trueee, I do my odd sideways bending, I pretty much curl up into a little ball, nearly dislocate an ankle and voila!
Ha ha I have just attempted it this morning to check I can still do it!

One guy once stripped down to boxers as he was determined to win! (He didn't win, couldn't get it from about 3 inches off the ground)

Trueee, I do my odd sideways bending, I pretty much curl up into a little ball, nearly dislocate an ankle and voila!

I just tried it, lol! Success! :biggrin: My method looks something like this:
Original post by rainbowbex
I just tried it, lol! Success! :biggrin: My method looks something like this:

Interesting method, most people go for lunges :smile:
Interesting method, most people go for lunges :smile:

I go for the Buddha. It's usually quite successful.
Original post by meatball893

The Buddha?
The Buddha?

Yep. I swap my feet around (so my left is under my right shoulder, and my right under my left shoulder), and then I can crouch right down, almost sitting cross-legged. I did it just now, and practically kissed the floor. My shins end up resting on the opposite foot, but my feet are still the only things touching the floor, so it's not cheating (I think)! Not so good when the bit of cardboard has negative height though! (This happened once; we stood on chairs and tried to get a bit of cardboard on some boxes a couple of inches below the chair. The girls' splits technique was far more successful than mine...)
(edited 12 years ago)
And jeans lend much less well to the exercise than skirts or dresses! Once tried it in skinny jeans...NEVER AGAIN!

I once managed to pick a piece of paper off the floor in skinny jeans :biggrin:
Yep. I swap my feet around (so my left is under my right shoulder, and my right under my left shoulder), and then I can crouch right down, almost sitting cross-legged. I did it just now, and practically kissed the floor. My shins end up resting on the opposite foot, but my feet are still the only things touching the floor, so it's not cheating (I think)! Not so good when the bit of cardboard has negative height though! (This happened once; we stood on chairs and tried to get a bit of cardboard on some boxes a couple of inches below the chair. The girls' splits technique was far more successful than mine...)

Ah, I guess I kinda do a "sideways bhudda in a heavy sideways wind" shape...kinda...

Original post by dreiviergrenadier

Impressive!
Reply 4230

Yeah....I bet you were laying on your belly at the time though!
Original post by Lantana
ooo, I don't think I've heard of that before.

http://sor.cua.edu/Intro/index.html

The Lord's prayer in Aramaic:

The mass is conducted in both Syriac (a dialect of Aramaic) and Arabic.

Hymns:

I'm running astray, which is even more unfortunate considering I'm in the middle of my exam season.

Yeah, I've seen that one employed. It's funny how much your body gets in the way though! I like my technique, nice and simple! :tongue:

Kudos!
http://realityla.com/teachings/gods-side-of-the-story/?audio

Been studying Hosea recently. This sermon is amazing, everyone go check it out!
Reply 4234
Original post by JB Johnstone
http://realityla.com/teachings/gods-side-of-the-story/?audio

Been studying Hosea recently. This sermon is amazing, everyone go check it out!

I love Hosea, my bible study looked at it last semester.
Pretty awesome rap song that my friend did - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEzy977phr8&feature=youtu.be

D-Cype was my roommate from bible college.
You guys seen Baby got Book?

To Christians,

who can help me? I fully believe in Jesus Christ but one thing I've been struggling to understand recently, is if Jesus is fully God, did God kill Himself? How is that possible?! Any help much appreciated as it's screwing with my brain.
Original post by IPlayThePiccolo
To Christians,

who can help me? I fully believe in Jesus Christ but one thing I've been struggling to understand recently, is if Jesus is fully God, did God kill Himself? How is that possible?! Any help much appreciated as it's screwing with my brain.

I'm not sure where you've got this idea from, so if you could explain more what you mean that would be helpful.
Jesus was crucified by the Romans. Romans \not= god.
Original post by Lantana
I'm not sure where you've got this idea from, so if you could explain more what you mean that would be helpful.
Jesus was crucified by the Romans. Romans \not= god.

Ok. So Jesus = God = Holy Spirit right? Jesus is 100% human but at the same time He is God incarnate. If God planned for Jesus to die, isn't that like God killing himself?

Latest

Trending

Trending