The Student Room Group
Lolz I have been chatting/flirting with this guest1984 guy in H&R. He thinks I am a girl :p: I'm not sure whether I should tell him or not :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=204366&page=2
For some reason I read "red" and registered as "white" in my head so my first thought was "Smurfs!" and I was about to tease you on it when I realised it said red and ... well, red isn't white.

[edit]Ooo, wait: Papa Smurf!
Natalie Lane
For some reason I read "red" and registered as "white" in my head so my first thought was "Smurfs!" and I was about to tease you on it when I realised it said red and ... well, red isn't white.

[edit]Ooo, wait: Papa Smurf!

llooooooooolll well I could change shorts for you if it would help :p:

yup thats me :p:

So will you be my smurfette?

Or is that his daughter?... in which case not! :eek:
Original post by Fluent &#953
Lolz I have been chatting/flirting with this guest1984 guy in H&R. He thinks I am a girl :p: I'm not sure whether I should tell him or not :biggrin:

Lol :biggrin:

Mean :p:
llooooooooolll well I could change shorts for you if it would help :p:

yup thats me :p:

So will you be my smurfette?

Or is that his daughter?... in which case not! :eek:

Is she? I don't know...
Either way, the two together doesn't seem quite right.

I think I've thrown away all of my old school shirts, except for the classic "signed by everyone in the last day" shirt
Natalie Lane
Is she? I don't know...
Either way, the two together doesn't seem quite right.

I think I've thrown away all of my old school shirts, except for the classic "signed by everyone in the last day" shirt

lol who would have though! Such cute innocent looking things could be so evil at heart!

Satanic rumors

During 1983, rumors of the smurfs' satanic activities spread across Puerto Rico. Those who believed the theory claimed seeing smurfs below plants in their houses, next to their beds, dressed as the devil, etc. As Telemundo Puerto Rico had just begun to telecast smurfs programs that year, a possibility exists that a rival television channel started the rumors.

The rumors spread like wildfire through the religiously conservative Latin America, where people went so far as to claim that small, demon-like smurfs propagated through their recorded albums and attacked those who would play their music. This was very much in tune with the prevalent belief of the 1980s of satanic propagation through recorded music, as many rock bands made open references to satanism in their work.

Shortly thereafter in the United States, various conservative Christian groups also began to label the smurfs as "satanic"--due to the positive light in which their activities portrayed the use of magic and of sorcery.

Lol! 'plastic smurfery'

In comic book volume 3: "The Smurfette", we learn that she was magically created from clay by Gargamel so that she would use her charms to cause jealousy and competition among the smurfs in order to cause their fall. He sent her to the smurf village, who kept her out of kindness.

Gargamel's plans didn't work well at first, as her appearance was flawed: she looked like just a male smurf but with long spikey black hair and a dress. She tried to be feminine and considerate, but was unattractive and proved to be more annoying than seductive.

Papa Smurf took pity On her when she became depressed because the other smurfs teased her about being fat, so he practiced plastic smurfery on her for several days in order to make her the beautiful and appealing Smurfette the other smurfs know today. This time, she caused almost every smurf of the village to fall in love with her. Alas for them, it did cause violence and jealousy as schemed by Gargamel, causing chaos among the smurfs who competed, fighting against each other to win Smurfette's heart.

I never ever did one of those shirts. Or even signed one I don't think :frown:
lol who would have though! Such cute innocent looking things could be so evil at heart!

Lol! 'plastic smurfery'

I never ever did one of those shirts. Or even signed one I don't think :frown:

Lol, I didn't think there was that much to know about the smurfs.

And why not? Maybe it's not as common as I thought it was...
I'm not sure. No I think it is quite popular.:smile: I guess... I don't know, I just don't remember anyone doing it. Certainly not any of my friends. Or maybe just no-one wanted me to sign their shirt. We didn't really have a 'last day of term' because it was just exams and you finishd on your last exam, which was different for everyone.

I told him :p:

Oh, we did it in 9th grade because during the IB course we didn't wear uniforms so really it was more of a 'lets scribble all over the uniform because we don't need to wear it anymore! hurrah!" thing than a "Yay, school's over forever, sign it here so that we'll always remember eachother" thing.

We did have a last day of school. Actually, what we did is, we had a huge party and we hired this bus driver to come pick us all up at the party in the morning and take us to school for our last day. That was a great day because we didn't have classes and we were all armed with water guns, whistles, foam sprays and things of the sort. Very childish but so much fun :redface:
I don't remember us doing anything really. Except for a very dull leavers ball. Yours sounded fun :smile:
It was :biggrin:

It's almost 00:30 :eek:
I've gotta be up early tomorrow.

Night night FiL :wavey:
Don't go to bed too late! :p:

(And I really am happy to know about your interview :hugs: )
Thanks Natalie I was just about to say goodnight myself.

Sleep well and I hope you have a lovley day tomorrow :smile: :hugs:

bibixx. :hello:
Hello?
Hellooooooooo?
Reply 47494
hiya! :smile:
hello. :hello:
Reply 47496
Jonah Ramone
hello. :hello:

:wavey:
who's Mr JR?