70%

In year 6
70%
40%
65%
85%
82%
68%

The one I got 40 on in yr they shouldnt count that as it's my lowest percent.

My calculator for degree is not working I asked tutors but haven't heard back just wondering does anyone know it this a 1st please
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Only yr 5 and 6 Count for overall grades
The total credits is 180 each module is worth 20
I got
In year 5
62%
72%
75%
56%
66%
70%

In year 6
70%
40%
65%
85%
82%
68%

My calculator for degree is not working I asked tutors but haven't heard back just wondering does anyone know it this a 1st please

Also it has to be 100 credits from year 3
Only yr 5 and 6 Count for overall grades
The total credits is 180 each module is worth 20
I got
In year 5
62%
72%
75%
56%
66%
70%

In year 6
70%
40%
65%
85%
82%
68%

Also it has to be 100 credits from year 3

I think you're saying that they take the best 180 across levels 5 and 6, but at least 100 credits must come from level 6. Is that right?

If we sort all these scores, highest the lowest, and discard the bottom 3 (so there are 9 left, worth 180 credits), then the credits we're discarding are 62% (level 5), 56% (level 5) and 40% (level 6). The rest will count. As we've only discarded one level 6 module, there are still 5 level 6 modules left (i.e. "at least 100 credits"). So we're good there.

So then we're just averaging the 9 modules we didn't discard: 85%, 82%, 75%, 72%, 70%, 70%, 68%, 66%, 65%.

That average is 73%. You get a first. Well done! :smile:
Reply 3
(Original post by DataVenia)I think you're saying that they take the best 180 across levels 5 and 6, but at least 100 credits must come from level 6. Is that right?

If we sort all these scores, highest the lowest, and discard the bottom 3 (so there are 9 left, worth 180 credits), then the credits we're discarding are 62% (level 5), 56% (level 5) and 40% (level 6). The rest will count. As we've only discarded one level 6 module, there are still 5 level 6 modules left (i.e. "at least 100 credits"). So we're good there.

So then we're just averaging the 9 modules we didn't discard: 85%, 82%, 75%, 72%, 70%, 70%, 68%, 66%, 65%.

That would be amazing I hope so and say if someone's a bit off a first do you think they push you to the first bracket pls
Reply 4
(Original post by DataVenia)I think you're saying that they take the best 180 across levels 5 and 6, but at least 100 credits must come from level 6. Is that right?

That would be amazing I hope so and say if someone's a bit off a first do you think they push you to the first bracket pls

Different universities have different policies. Some will round 69.5% up to 70%, for example, and award a first. Other are more strict and need it to be at least 70% (so 69.99% won't do).

I've see others say that if you're over 68% (but less than 70%) they're apply some additional rules to decide whether they can award you a first or not. (For example, University of Wolverhampton say if your in the 68.01% - 69.99% range they'll award a first based upon the condition that, "Student must have 70% or above in at least 60 credits gained at level 6".)

Which university are you at?
Reply 6
Original post by DataVenia
Different universities have different policies. Some will round 69.5% up to 70%, for example, and award a first. Other are more strict and need it to be at least 70% (so 69.99% won't do).

I've see others say that if you're over 68% (but less than 70%) they're apply some additional rules to decide whether they can award you a first or not. (For example, University of Wolverhampton say if your in the 68.01% - 69.99% range they'll award a first based upon the condition that, "Student must have 70% or above in at least 60 credits gained at level 6".)

Which university are you at?

Ok thank you for that I'm at the University of Wolverhampton. I calculated my average I think it might just scrape a first 😬
Ok thank you for that I'm at the University of Wolverhampton. I calculated my average I think it might just scrape a first 😬

From the number's you've posted above (and a quick check of Wolverhampton's Academic Regulations to confirm how they calculate degree classifications), I would agreed. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by DataVenia
From the number's you've posted above (and a quick check of Wolverhampton's Academic Regulations to confirm how they calculate degree classifications), I would agreed. :biggrin:

Really hope so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending