The Student Room Group

Degree apprenticeship accommodation

I need to move out for a degree apprenticeship but my family can’t afford accommodation is there any way to get around this (eg any loans I can apply for)
Original post by manuswalsh
I need to move out for a degree apprenticeship but my family can’t afford accommodation is there any way to get around this (eg any loans I can apply for)

Some apprentices house share.Which is an accomodation option where you rent a room or ensuite.You would have to choose a room £500-1000 depending on the location and what you can afford, visit first and then choose to proceed. Tiktok is really useful in showing this process. Look at sites using spare room,right move etc
Reply 2
Original post by manuswalsh

No there aren't unfortunately. This is because it is expected that you can live on the salary paid. I am personally in the same situation but have purposely targeted all my applications so that I am only applying to ones that pay a liveable salary (eg- nothing under 26k)
Reply 3
Original post by random555
No there aren't unfortunately. This is because it is expected that you can live on the salary paid. I am personally in the same situation but have purposely targeted all my applications so that I am only applying to ones that pay a liveable salary (eg- nothing under 26k)

Are you sure i think you could move out in a 21k salary ?
Original post by random555

Unless you're living in London you should be able to rent on 20k
Reply 5
Original post by shimmyjimmyfor3

if someone was earning 20k, what should their rent budget ideally be?
Original post by lesgo21
if someone was earning 20k, what should their rent budget ideally be?

I've always been told rent should be less than a third of your monthly salary so preferably £550/600 or less
Reply 7

Yes I agree with that. I am only applying to London thats why! It also depends on if you want to be able to have disposable income or be able to afford just what you need
Reply 8
I've always been told rent should be less than a third of your monthly salary so preferably £550/600 or less

is this post tax?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending