The Student Room Group
Natalie Lane
lovely

adjective

Pleasing to the eye or mind: attractive, bewitching, enchanting, engaging, enticing, fascinating, fetching, glamorous, prepossessing, pretty, sweet, taking, tempting, winning, winsome. See like/dislike.
Having qualities that delight the eye: attractive, beauteous, beautiful, comely, fair, good-looking, gorgeous, handsome, pretty, pulchritudinous, ravishing, sightly, stunning. Scots bonny. Idioms: easy on the eyes. See beautiful/ugly.

Thanks Nat.
That list of words is... hmmmm let me see...

Engaging and you are:
Ravishing

:smile:

Hey... Ms Magnesium and FiLadelphia cheese... don't get mad... please :smile:
Natalie Lane
Meanwhile, I'm reading that site FiL linked to and some of the English expressions are so strange! Not only had I not heard them but I'm, quite frankly, embarrassed to ask about them and why they mean what they do!

Oh go on! I might learn something too! Post them in spoiler tags, anything is acceptable that way :p:
Natalie Lane
Tests? What do you mean?
You had classes in that area? :eek:

We were tested on our machine skills by trying to sew straight, curvy, zig-zagged, angular and pictorial lines. Lol- that never happened for me!:p: :redface: Yes, before GCSE when we had to choose one type of technology to do, we had a technology rota alternating between woodwork, IT, textiles and to start off in year 7, graphics and metalwork. Thank goodness metal work disappeared! I was a disaster at technology; I didn't like it, found it difficult and hardly ever finished a project.:redface: I'm not a manual or hands-on person.
Elements
Yuck! Thanks alot for that FiL!:eek: I'm going to have such gory dreams tonight! But don't you dare call me useless when I'm not!:mad: And don't get all sexist either.:mad: :frown:

bu.. but... you said... aww.

You're not useless :smile: And sorry! :redface:
Someone subbed?
And I've only just realised it ...

:eek:
Original post by Fluent &#953

Yay FiL....

No more mad faces please people... not happy making... :smile:
creamcrackered
Yeah... We got something in common. Tis lovely :smile: :hugs:

I use the word lovely too much and the word nice...
Does anyone have a substitute word I could use...

Fantastic, beautiful, great, brilliant, inspiring, gorgeous...
Natalie Lane
lovely

adjective

Pleasing to the eye or mind: attractive, bewitching, enchanting, engaging, enticing, fascinating, fetching, glamorous, prepossessing, pretty, sweet, taking, tempting, winning, winsome. See like/dislike.
Having qualities that delight the eye: attractive, beauteous, beautiful, comely, fair, good-looking, gorgeous, handsome, pretty, pulchritudinous, ravishing, sightly, stunning. Scots bonny. Idioms: easy on the eyes. See beautiful/ugly.

Lol- that's better than what i suggested, :yy:
Elements
We were tested on our machine skills by trying to sew straight, curvy, zig-zagged, angular and pictorial lines. Lol- that never happened for me!:p: :redface: Yes, before GCSE when we had to choose one type of technology to do, we had a technology rota alternating between woodwork, IT, textiles and to start off in year 7, graphics and metalwork. Thank goodness metal work disappeared! I was a disaster at technology; I didn't like it, found it difficult and hardly ever finished a project.:redface: I'm not a manual or hands-on person.

We never had that. Good thing too.
How did you end up doing?

FiL,

Spoiler

Natalie Lane
Meanwhile, I'm reading that site FiL linked to and some of the English expressions are so strange! Not only had I not heard them but I'm, quite frankly, embarrassed to ask about them and why they mean what they do!

Lol, some english expressions are weird.
Elements
Fantastic, beautiful, great, brilliant, inspiring, gorgeous...

A great and inspiring little list their Ms Chlorine...

Thank you :hugs:
Yeah well I am quite happy to admit it.

I LIKE DESIGNING AND MAKING STUFF!

:p:

I like the designing part of that.:smile: I'm really artistic, creative and imaginative.:smile:
OMG It's almost 3:30...

That's OK. :hugs:

Let's not talk about gender roles, patriarchal societies and feminism then.:smile:
Yeah well I am quite happy to admit it.

I LIKE DESIGNING AND MAKING STUFF!

:p:

Brilliant FiL...
It's much better to be constructive than destructive...

I hope to design and make some films at some point in my future :smile:
Elements
Lol- that's better than what i suggested, :yy:

I copy&pasted.
Hey, at least there's something I can do.
Natalie Lane
Someone subbed?
And I've only just realised it ...

:eek:

Who, where, what?:confused:
Elements
Who, where, what?:confused:

I don't know!
I was a sub but it ran out today and so when I was back to being a sub I didn't even realise it. Then suddenly it hit me that I hadn't payed for it (I hadn't the first time either, John did because he's lovely!) but now I've no idea who it was!
Natalie Lane
We never had that. Good thing too.
How did you end up doing?

FiL,

Spoiler

Rubbish!:p: I'm not good at computing, I can't type quickly, can't use a sewing machine, can't use the woodwork and metalwork machines properly, plus they're scary! :afraid: and the solvents and wood dusty grains always set me off.:frown: :p: :redface: But I'm more into academic subjects and art so that's OK.:smile:
creamcrackered
A great and inspiring little list their Ms Chlorine...

Thank you :hugs:

Cheers! Gargh! I hate Chlorine- it stinks, and reminds me of swimming pools and swimming.:frown: :afraid:

Latest