The Student Room Group

does the implausability of skins annoy you

every little thing that happens in skins would never happen in real life!! and i know that soaps have way too many story lines for one street but at least the stories are believable as are the characters.
and they also make teenagers to look really crude and obseesed with sex and add a swear word to every sentence. im not prude but i think it is abit over the top. they make teenagers look simpletons and the girls look complete sluts.

and also the key to a good drama series is likeable characters, non of these, even the main, are likeable!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
series 3 definitely, but the first two were excellent.
Reply 2
...it's called fiction for a reason.
Reply 3
yes and no.

it does, in so far as i know it would unlikely ever happen which annoys me (because i wish real life was a bit more like skins!)

and no because, like all dramas etc, it has to be a tad unbelievable to be interesting and fun to watch....lets face it, real life is boring!
ive been thinking this all along, its nice to see someone else thinks the same!
Reply 5
All throught the 2nd series it was like that. This one is mental. It's like when they brought digimon out.
Reply 6
its suprising how much of it is true....[no jokes]
Reply 7
nah its a bit exaggerated but i know a lot of people like the characters on skins,. especially the first two series.
Reply 8
No, it doesn't. If I wanted realism I'd go to college more often.

All throught the 2nd series it was like that. This one is mental. It's like when they brought digimon out.

Digimon is ******* amazing.
Reply 9
it makes them look as if they have these "amazingly exciting" lives and its sooo unrealistic. just how smooth and cool some of them seemed to be and what happened in the first new episode. especially with effy, i mean i got the impression from previous seasons shes meant to be a quietly outrageous character but still!
Reply 10
I think it has got worse since series one, two seemed to be reasonable but the first episode of this series just isnt at all.
Reply 11
It's too generic. An episode of Skins is just 30 mins of "TV Programme"
denty5
every little thing that happens in skins would never happen in real life!! and i know that soaps have way too many story lines for one street but at least the stories are believable as are the characters.
and they also make teenagers to look really crude and obseesed with sex and add a swear word to every sentence. im not prude but i think it is abit over the top. they make teenagers look simpletons and the girls look complete sluts.

and also the key to a good drama series is likeable characters, non of these, even the main, are likeable!

I guess you are judging from the first episode of the new series?

That first episode was *****.

I say firstly give it a chance as next week someone else may have written a better script, and I think there is a chance to make something good out of those characters.
But soaps are implausible too!
Hollyoaks-Louise marrying warren, warren kills louise as he's having an affair with mandy. Turns out Louise is pregnant. Cindy knew about the affair all along. Oh yeah and Warren killed Louise's ex-husband Sean who owed a lot of people a lot of money.
It's not meant to be a realistic depiction of teenage life, it's meant to be fantasy. Calm down.
denty5

its not that unrealistic. maybe its a world apart from you, but i can see a lot of myself and friends in a lot of the characters. im not saying im a slut but we do drugs and have casual sex, i dont swear a huge amount but some of my housemates do. yeah they exagerate a little but thats tv.
Reply 16
It's meant to be exaggerated so as to expose the "issues".

I quite enjoyed the first two seasons... but for heaven's sake, people. We've had ONE episode of the new one - give it a chance lol!
Reply 17
6yeah i just watched the first episode but i have seen dribs and drabs off other series which seemed pretty similar.
it is like tos trying to be funny but its just stupid, like when that teachin farting and all the other weird teachers and the boy gettin his dick out.

i know its fiction but it isnt fantasy as in witches and wizards so it might as well be at least believable!

the characters in this series and the others are just ***** full stop. so why would we care about them?
Tyrotoxism
It's not meant to be a realistic depiction of teenage life, it's meant to be fantasy. Calm down.

Haha exactly

If it was a programme about studious teenagers getting their ucas forms in order whilst revising for exams who the hell would watch? The point is to watch something crazy and far-fetched that doesn't happen in real life - not to watch people do the stuff you do everyday :p:

(btw whats your excuse for being here so late? lol)
Oh common, it is better than Eastenders and the like, where about 50 people have been murdered in the last 5 years, everyone cheats on their husbands/wives/partners, everyones involved in some sort of criminal activity.

It is a bit silly in some respects, but a lot more plausible than you are making out - most people I know do swear all the time and are sex obsessed tbh!

It does annoy me how the girls are made to look like slutty lingerie models though... and how alot of them seem to be quite thick?

I LOVED their take on beauty therapist students this series though... absolutely spot on :rofl:

Latest