The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This thread has been so helpful.
I'm going to Reading :smile:

Living near there I know that from Wednesday the traffic is an actual nightmare. Don't drive! TRAAAIN!
Reply 141
if you know someone who's getting to the festival earlier than you, see if they can save you a camping space
this especially applies to reading/leeds...last year we couldn't get there until thursday evening but some of our friends had early-birds, and there were loads of them so they were able to shuffle tents around and find us a space on green campsite (i.e. the awesome one) with them
RightSaidJames
Depends which festival you're going to, how near the arena you want to be and what you define as early. If you arrive mid-evening at a smaller festival you should have no problem finding a spot as long as you don't want to be right next to the arena, but at Leeds/Reading you'd have to arrive Wednesday to get into the most popular campsite and the others will be fairly packed by Thursday lunchtime.

If you arrive at 8am on Thursday morning how long do you have to queue for?
I'd like to recommend getting a shuttle bus to a festival. Went to V fest this weekend (Weston) and we trained to Stafford and got the shuttle bus from there and I've never had so much fun travelling! We all blew up volleyballs and played on the bus whilst getting slowly drunk :smile: Even the driver was getting in on the fun, flirting with the girls, making jokes etc.

Definitely doing it next time!

Latest