The Student Room Group

Everytime I put gel on my hair, it still falls down

Basically i've got short to medium hair - think of harry potter in the early movies, like that.

anyway, i like to gel the fringe up as i think it looks pretty good like that.
however it ALWAYS manages to fall down again, and by the end of the day its like theres not even any gel there!

i use about a teaspoon-ful of gel btw.

i currently use VO5, which i thought was supposed to be good.

the only step up i can think of is to buy l'oreal, which is really expensive....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Brylcreem - Extreme Hold Gel - Ultimate Hold

It's the best.

Reply 2
That's fish ovaries, you pillok.
Reply 3
Gel it then hairspray.
Reply 4
Aack
Brylcreem - Extreme Hold Gel - Ultimate Hold

It's the best.

cool i'll try it - and wtf about fish ovaries?!?!
Reply 5
Ahh, Make sure your hair is bone dry, Dont use gel (too greasy looking) Use a matt finish Putty and then hairspray
Reply 6
i hate VO5 with a passion!! Its the worst!!

use either Brycreem extreme hold gel or L'oreal studio Indestructible gel (the best)

I've also recently discovered Dax Hairshaper, it works a treat!
Reply 7
streetfighter5
cool i'll try it - and wtf about fish ovaries?!?!

It's not too pricey either - around £2.99 - seems to last me ages as well as you don't need that much.
post pics NOW lol
asdf
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
I use shockwaves freeze gel. And on top of that hairspray. my hair is rock hard.
Aack
It's not too pricey either - around £2.99 - seems to last me ages as well as you don't need that much.

i still don't know what you mean - are you saying you put fish ovaries in your hair to spike it up? am i the only one that finds this odd??
wow i never knew most people used hairspray afterwards - thats probably why my hair always sucks lol
Reply 13
streetfighter5
i still don't know what you mean - are you saying you put fish ovaries in your hair to spike it up? am i the only one that finds this odd??

???

Wrong quote?!
Reply 14
streetfighter5

Vitamin B5:

"The most significant sources of pantothenic acid in nature are coldwater fish ovaries and royal jelly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantothenic_acid
Aack
Vitamin B5:

"The most significant sources of pantothenic acid in nature are coldwater fish ovaries and royal jelly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantothenic_acid

well where do you get these fish ovaries from?
Reply 16
streetfighter5
well where do you get these fish ovaries from?

I'm not some fish ovaries business man, in fact, it wasn't even me who brought it into discussion! :rolleyes:
Ever seen 'There's Something About Mary'?

Just a suggestion.
Reply 18
Ignore all other suggestions - i'm about to give you the best ; )

http://www.silvikrin.co.uk/product_green.jsp

The pink canister - maximum hold. It will practically turn your hair into concrete, nothing short of rain will move it.

I generally keep my hair looking something like this;

and it lasts the entire night.
Viewless Wings
Ever seen 'There's Something About Mary'?

Just a suggestion.

Hahaa!!
Rep for youuu (:

Latest