The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
minimo156
so why all the threads? why all the anti-islamic drivel that comes from you?

Surely you cannot hate islam that much?

and oh yeah im still waiting for the proof from the previous two arguments, it seems everytime i ask for proof on your claims you disappear. :rolleyes:

Can I call you a Jewphobe?

I think you will find that if you engaged your brain, I am not exactly anti-Islam, but more anti-the group of people who attempt to force their views on everybody else.

You're waiting? Can I now demand for proof/evidence, regarding every single statement you make, in a flawed attempt to retaliate?
PeeWeeDan
Or the refusal of the 1947 partition plan, 1937 Peel Commission plan, 2001 Ehud Barak Camp David offer, electing Hamas, terrorism, Qassam rockets etc. caused Israel to place sanctions to protect it's citizens like any nation on Earth in the same situation would.

Wait... that's actually logical...

You're not opening your mind. Palestinians refused those plans because Israel has no right to exist, not because they hate Juice! The country that you so proudly defend exists because of one event. One event that completely changed the image of Jews, it changed it from any other ordinary ethnic group integrated in countries around the world to that of a persecuted, troubled, secular people which have been terribly suffering for 1000s and 1000 of years. This one event justifies the breachment of Palestinian sovereignty, soil and identity.

GTFO with that *****.
Let's be honest, here. Who actually cares about Israel? It's about time that country was wiped off the map.
Reply 103
artemisa

I think you will find that if you engaged your brain, I am not exactly anti-Islam, but more anti-the group of people who attempt to force their views on everybody else.

You're waiting? Can I now demand for proof/evidence, regarding every single statement you make, in a flawed attempt to retaliate?

theres actually no such word as a jewphobe
jonboyyork
Let's be honest, here. Who actually cares about Israel? It's about time that country was wiped off the map.

...Are you serious?
Topmanfaz
You're not opening your mind. Palestinians refused those plans because Israel has no right to exist, not because they hate Juice! The country that you so proudly defend exists because of one event. One event that completely changed the image of Jews, it changed it from any other ordinary ethnic group integrated in countries around the world to that of a persecuted, troubled, secular people which have been terribly suffering for 1000s and 1000 of years. This one event justifies the breachment of Palestinian sovereignty, soil and identity.

GTFO with that *****.

"Right to exist"? What imbues the US with a "Right to exist"? Is it the extermination of the Native American population? What makes Iraq a nation other than the British empires shift of a ruler? Why is Myanmar a country? This "right to exist" is a bunch of ********. Israel doesn't need a right to exist, it simply does, and if the Palestinians fail to recognize and accommodate this it's quite literally their own problem.

And there has never been a Palestinian state, therefore there is no such thing as Palestinian sovereignty. I support a Palestinian state because I support democracy, and in Judea and Samaria they are a majority so should have a state there... but I do not endorse it until they can behave responsibly as a member of the world of nations.
Reply 106
jonboyyork

someone give this guy an MBE or summat! :smile:
Bubbles*de*Milo
...Are you serious?

Yes! Its foreign policy is barbaric, it conveys itself as a terrorist nation in every sense of the world and the Arab Middle East would benefit hugely from its absorption into Palestine.
Reply 108
PeeWeeDan
1. The settlers are a pain in the ass, but what do you expect Israel to do? Expel 300,000 people from their homes? It's hardly an ideal situation but we simply can't do that. And Netanyahu is in favour of their natural growth not the construction of new settlements.

2. The Palestinians broke the ceasefire 1 week into it with Qassam rockets... we broke the ceasefire only after numerous breaches by the Palestinians... but I guess you don't care what the Palestinians do... they are always the good guys to you. The Qassam rockets pre-date the blockade, and you don't understand how damaging the Qassams are... they make 250,000 Israelis live their lives in fear.

3. Well we've had a left wing government for many years now, no progress because of unwillingness on the Palestinian side... And in 2001 we gave the Palestinians all their demands... rejections. Oh and Netanyahu in his last stint as prime minister sided the Wye agreement and continued the peace process... he's hardly against it. Learn your history.

1) you had no problem doing that to Palestinians in 1947.

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLgcEeYUsFA

250,000 people? most of whose lives were never at risk.

you put 1 million lives directly at risk, killed babies and call it "self defence"

3) Again you didnt want to negotiate with Hamas (who you created to counter Arafat and the PLO) who were democratically elected.

He's also against the fact that palestinains deserve to live in " the promised land"

He's an zionist extremist, there will not be peace until you lift the economic blackade on the Palestinians.
Reply 109
ameeso
theres actually no such word as a jewphobe

There is now.

Just as there was no such thing as 'Islamophobe' before someone invented it in 1980's.
Reply 110
artemisa
There is now.

Just as there was no such thing as 'Islamophobe' before someone invented it in 1980's.

u cant just invent a word. if you could, well, the english language would be a lot different
Reply 111
artemisa

I have not brought the jewish religion into this, only the extremists (zionists) you tar muslims with the same brush (in the other threads). I know if the spiritual leaders of Palestine and Israel sat down they could resolve it in five minutes.

Where's your proof been for the past threads?

and anti-Semitic is the word for hating jews.... but i am not anti-semitic. I respect the religion that Moses brought to this world.

Just anti-zionist as they are a major problem in the quest for peace in the middle east.
Reply 112
jonboyyork
Yes! Its foreign policy is barbaric, it conveys itself as a terrorist nation in every sense of the world and the Arab Middle East would benefit hugely from its absorption into Palestine.

Just like saying Muslims are a barbaric people, wipe them off this earth. They commit all terrorist attacks all over the world and try to Islamify every country in the world. I'm not into that wiping people/whole countries off maps stuff.

The world would rather get rid of all Arab states before it even thinks of getting rid of Israel. Women are treated worse than dogs in most arab countries, gays are publicly hanged etc
jonboyyork

Hardly! Israel made the dessert bloom. You know I'm Palestinian, but Palestine is a ******* disaster; Islamo-Fascist leaders who's sole purpose is to destroy Israel and persecute Christian Palestinians. Hamas has done everything it could (inadvertently or not) to ruin the lives of Palestinians even more. The only thing Palestine could benefit from is secular gov. And Israel certainly has a very valid right to exist. Everything it does is for protection; name something which hasn't been. And I'll agree they've crossed the line at points and gone too far/some of their actions have been terrorist/they've done too much damage. However, what have they done to the Palestinians that the Palestinians wouldn't do to them given half the chance?
ISrael is democratic...Palestine is not. Israel gives rights to all its citizens; Jewish or not...Hamas just legalised crucifiction.
How can you want democratic Israel to dissolve into a country which just legalised crucifiction of homosexuals?
minimo156
1) you had no problem doing that to Palestinians in 1947.

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLgcEeYUsFA

250,000 people? most of whose lives were never at risk.

you put 1 million lives directly at risk, killed babies and call it "self defence"

3) Again you didnt want to negotiate with Hamas (who you created to counter Arafat and the PLO) who were democratically elected.

He's also against the fact that palestinains deserve to live in " the promised land"

He's an zionist extremist, there will not be peace until you lift the economic blackade on the Palestinians.

1. And in 1940's Germany was burning Jews... do they do it now? We hardly did it for fun the Arabs were launching a war of extermination against us remember? Even so it's hardly the part of our history we're most proud of.

2. It's self defense because if the rockets fired it would not occur. Qassam rockets cannot be called self defense because if they stopped the blockade would not occur, so it must be the aggressor. And whether the lives are at risk or not they are still living in fear of it.

3. We don't negotiate with terrorists. So what? If the Palestinians choose to vote for a bunch of terrorists they simply must suffer the consequences of such actions, just as Germany suffered for their election of the Nazis.

4. Netanyahu's plan is actually an "economic peace" where we are to strengthen the Palestinian's economy... well that makes you look like a dick doesn't it?
Bubbles*de*Milo
Hardly! Israel made the dessert bloom. You know I'm Palestinian, but Palestine is a ******* disaster; Islamo-Fascist leaders who's sole purpose is to destroy Israel and persecute Christian Palestinians. Hamas has done everything it could (inadvertently or not) to ruin the lives of Palestinians even more. The only thing Palestine could benefit from is secular gov. And Israel certainly has a very valid right to exist. Everything it does is for protection; name something which hasn't been. And I'll agree they've crossed the line at points and gone too far/some of their actions have been terrorist/they've done too much damage. However, what have they done to the Palestinians that the Palestinians wouldn't do to them given half the chance?
ISrael is democratic...Palestine is not. Israel gives rights to all its citizens; Jewish or not...Hamas just legalised crucifiction.
How can you want democratic Israel to dissolve into a country which just legalised crucifiction of homosexuals?

I am GLAD that homosexuality was legalised in Palestine. Muslim AND Gay? No. It doesn't work, and you can't expect Islamic countries to suddenly become secular over night. Gay people should be happy that they can't practise homosexuality in Arab countries, they are being saved from violent crime on the part of illiterate and prejudiced Arabs.

Sorry but the homosexuality/Arab debate is getting dull, it's just can't happen, sadly.

Also, what has Israel actually produced this decade, apart from hurt, disaster and loss?
Reply 116
ameeso
u cant just invent a word. if you could, well, the english language would be a lot different

What gives the person who invented the word "Islamophobe" any more legitimacy then someone now inventing the word Jewphobe? It's the fact that Muslims like to throw around the word "Islamophobe" at every possible moment that apparently makes it more legitimate. If Jews decided to the same, with Jewphobe then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I think you will find that Jewphobe could be linked to anti-Semite, which existed long before the 1980's.
jonboyyork
I am GLAD that homosexuality was legalised in Palestine. Muslim AND Gay? No. It doesn't work, and you can't expect Islamic countries to suddenly become secular over night. Gay people should be happy that they can't practise homosexuality in Arab countries, they are being saved from violent crime on the part of illiterate and prejudiced Arabs.

Sorry but the homosexuality/Arab debate is getting dull, it's just can't happen, sadly.

Also, what has Israel actually produced this decade, apart from hurt, disaster and loss?

What!?
What!?
You're glad HAMAS has made it legal to crucify homosexuals?

ISRAEL’S ACHIEVEMENTS

Israel, the 100th smallest country with less than 1/1000th of the world's population, was one of the very first nations to offer substantial aid and to send medical rescue missions to Islamic people in the stricken tsunami areas. Israel mobilized 150 doctors and relief teams as well as an 82-ton planeload of supplies for Sri Lanka. Israel also sent aid to India and Thailand.
The scientific technology employed by NASA to beam video images from its Mars land-rover back to Earth was developed by two Israelis.
An Israeli company designed a special parachute that will allow people to jump from high-rise buildings in case of emergency. An Israeli group of scientists from the Israel Institute of Technology developed methods to improve the efficiency of solar-hydrogen, non-polluting powered cars.
“60 Minutes” focused on Hadassah Hospital in Jerusalem where medical staff both Jewish and Arab work together to save Jewish and Arab lives.
Israeli scientists developed the first fully computerized, no-radiation diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer.
An Israeli company developed a computerized system for ensuring proper administration of medications, thus removing human error from medical treatment. Every year in U.S. hospitals, 7,000 patients die from treatment mistakes.
Researchers in Israel developed a new device that directly helps the heart pump blood, an innovation with the potential to save lives among those with heart disease. The new device is synchronized with a camera that helps doctors diagnose a heart's mechanical operations through a sophisticated system of sensors.
Archaeologists in Israel and from all over the world have discovered and recovered amazing artifacts long neglected or desecrated by others who occupied this area.
Israelis have developed very advanced hydrology technology that allows crops to grow in the most arid conditions. Israel has shared this technology with other peoples, including the Hopi Indians.
The X-Hawk rotorless helicopter, the first helicopter to have the capability to move in tight spaces, is now in development in Israel.
The cell phone was developed in Israel by Israelis working in the Israeli branch of Motorola, which has its largest development center in Israel.
Most of the Windows NT and XP operating systems were developed by Microsoft-Israel. The Pentium MMX chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel.
Voice mail technology was also developed in Israel. The technology for the AOL Instant Messenger was developed in 1996 by four young Israelis.
Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East. The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.
Reply 118
minimo156
I have not brought the jewish religion into this, only the extremists (zionists) you tar muslims with the same brush (in the other threads). I know if the spiritual leaders of Palestine and Israel sat down they could resolve it in five minutes.

Where's your proof been for the past threads?

Please hold, whilst I trawl through all your posts and demand evidence for your claims/opinions.
Bubbles*de*Milo
What!?
What!?
You're glad HAMAS has made it legal to crucify homosexuals?

ISRAEL’S ACHIEVEMENTS

Israel, the 100th smallest country with less than 1/1000th of the world's population, was one of the very first nations to offer substantial aid and to send medical rescue missions to Islamic people in the stricken tsunami areas. Israel mobilized 150 doctors and relief teams as well as an 82-ton planeload of supplies for Sri Lanka. Israel also sent aid to India and Thailand.
The scientific technology employed by NASA to beam video images from its Mars land-rover back to Earth was developed by two Israelis.
An Israeli company designed a special parachute that will allow people to jump from high-rise buildings in case of emergency. An Israeli group of scientists from the Israel Institute of Technology developed methods to improve the efficiency of solar-hydrogen, non-polluting powered cars.
“60 Minutes” focused on Hadassah Hospital in Jerusalem where medical staff both Jewish and Arab work together to save Jewish and Arab lives.
Israeli scientists developed the first fully computerized, no-radiation diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer.
An Israeli company developed a computerized system for ensuring proper administration of medications, thus removing human error from medical treatment. Every year in U.S. hospitals, 7,000 patients die from treatment mistakes.
Researchers in Israel developed a new device that directly helps the heart pump blood, an innovation with the potential to save lives among those with heart disease. The new device is synchronized with a camera that helps doctors diagnose a heart's mechanical operations through a sophisticated system of sensors.
Archaeologists in Israel and from all over the world have discovered and recovered amazing artifacts long neglected or desecrated by others who occupied this area.
Israelis have developed very advanced hydrology technology that allows crops to grow in the most arid conditions. Israel has shared this technology with other peoples, including the Hopi Indians.
The X-Hawk rotorless helicopter, the first helicopter to have the capability to move in tight spaces, is now in development in Israel.
The cell phone was developed in Israel by Israelis working in the Israeli branch of Motorola, which has its largest development center in Israel.
Most of the Windows NT and XP operating systems were developed by Microsoft-Israel. The Pentium MMX chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel.
Voice mail technology was also developed in Israel. The technology for the AOL Instant Messenger was developed in 1996 by four young Israelis.
Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East. The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.

In almost 62 years, none of that is particularly surprising or impressive or progressive.

And I'm just as surprised at your pro-Israel stance, as you are at my anti-gay stance.

Latest

Trending

Trending