The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
guardian wins!
Reply 21
The IndependEnt, but as that wasn't an option, I voted for the The Independant.

I read the Guardian once a week, because I get it free in work (read: I steal it).
Reply 22
The Guardian usually although I do buy the Sunday Times as well. The Guardian is my no 1 preference though :smile:
Reply 23
The only paper I read is the local paper, I get my other news from tv news, radio news, internet or TSR.
Reply 24
When I am travelling into Central London, I always end up reading The Evening Standard.

Often it is the Metro or London Paper which is free on the train lol :smile:

Online it's always

1. Financial Times
2. The Times
3. The Independent
4. The Guardian
5. The Telegraph
I read newspapers on the internet so it's usually either The Guardian, The Independant or The Times, I also read Liberation and Le Monde. I should really read things that challenge my own views instead of ones that just conform to them though.
We get The Times at home, so I normally read that, however my dad got the Independant today instead which was quite a nice read :smile: though my personal favourite is the Guardian.

Oh I read Le Monde aussi :biggrin:
MewMachine
We get The Times at home, so I normally read that, however my dad got the Independant today instead which was quite a nice read :smile: though my personal favourite is the Guardian.

Oh I read Le Monde aussi :biggrin:

But the independent doesn't contain any news. :s-smilie:

Telegraph all the way.
Reply 28
Yep Telegraph, Its the only good newspaper - Guardian is for teachers
The Independent :smile:
England Captain
But the independent doesn't contain any news. :s-smilie:

Telegraph all the way.

Quite a fair bit actually, and personally I think the Telegraph's not worth reading.

I tend to base my judgement of a paper on how easily I can hold it though :rolleyes:
MewMachine
Quite a fair bit actually, and personally I think the Telegraph's not worth reading.

I tend to base my judgement of a paper on how easily I can hold it though :rolleyes:

Why not the times then? That contains far more actual news.
Well I read the Metro on the way to work but I don't tend to buy a paper at uni :frown: I really must start. We used to buy the Times and Independent at home, I like the Sunday Times. I can read them at work (in a shop) if I want but I never bother - trash is too tempting :redface:
The Guardian is the one I read the most often.
England Captain
Why not the times then? They contains far more actual news.

Yeah, I put I read The Times in my other post, because we get it most of the time. I like The Times, it's a good paper, not to mention they have by far the best online site of any newspaper.
Usually The Independent but sometimes the Guardian as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending