The Student Room Group

LNAT (international student)

Hi guys, I'm currently stressing out due to the fact that I only recently realised that I would have to take an admission exam (LNAT) in order to apply for law in Cambridge and some other good Unis in England. I am from Ireland and I don't think I have sufficient time to really prep for this exam! I can't afford to spend on any paid resources and I've been trying to gather any free resources that I come across.

Can anyone be ever so kind and give me some helpful tips and suggestions? I feel thoroughly at a disadvantage due to the fact that UK students have classes that help with this type of thing and I've taken a look at some of the short questions and I cannot wrap my head around them! I've been dreaming about doing law in the UK but right now I feel my hope dwindling...

I also feel the essay question will be hard for me, as I don't generally take interest in the newspaper and I tend to waffle/babble a bit (as you can tell). I feel really under-prepared and I have absolutely no clue how to improve with the short time I have left :frown:

Any type of help would be extremely appreciated!! Thank you!
Reply 1
Hey! do not at all feel disadvantaged as it is very rare that UK students have classes that help with these, and even if they do it is likely to be the private schools only.
I would suggest trying timed questions on arbitio or any other online sites for the multiple choice, and for the essay try and keep up with current affairs, this can be reading an online newspaper everyday just until the exam. Additionally, read the examplars on the LNAT website to get a general idea of the structure you'll need to follow.
You'll be fine !!
Original post by Coeoe
Hi guys, I'm currently stressing out due to the fact that I only recently realised that I would have to take an admission exam (LNAT) in order to apply for law in Cambridge and some other good Unis in England. I am from Ireland and I don't think I have sufficient time to really prep for this exam! I can't afford to spend on any paid resources and I've been trying to gather any free resources that I come across.

Can anyone be ever so kind and give me some helpful tips and suggestions? I feel thoroughly at a disadvantage due to the fact that UK students have classes that help with this type of thing and I've taken a look at some of the short questions and I cannot wrap my head around them! I've been dreaming about doing law in the UK but right now I feel my hope dwindling...

I also feel the essay question will be hard for me, as I don't generally take interest in the newspaper and I tend to waffle/babble a bit (as you can tell). I feel really under-prepared and I have absolutely no clue how to improve with the short time I have left :frown:

Any type of help would be extremely appreciated!! Thank you!
Reply 2
Original post by ddgirl
Hey! do not at all feel disadvantaged as it is very rare that UK students have classes that help with these, and even if they do it is likely to be the private schools only.
I would suggest trying timed questions on arbitio or any other online sites for the multiple choice, and for the essay try and keep up with current affairs, this can be reading an online newspaper everyday just until the exam. Additionally, read the examplars on the LNAT website to get a general idea of the structure you'll need to follow.
You'll be fine !!

Thank you so much, I'll try those out! I've also been reading through so many sophisticated personal statements and I'm literally in awe about how students have done so many things! I'm not sure what counts as academic in a personal statement and as an international student, the opportunities have been a bit limited. I feel inadequate and not good enough to apply for the UK, but since I've made a decision to try, I will go through with it. 😬 However it's definitely quite intimidating! UK students seem so much more well versed and prepared than I am! I really wish I had started way earlier!

However thank you so much for your reply, fingers crossed the LNAT will go well ❤️*🩹

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending