The Student Room Group

Any advice for highers?. I wasn’t great at national 5s I want to achieve As this year

Any advice on what to do from day one.
I choose math, physics, art, English and computer science.
I choose really hard subjects and I feel like I would struggle to manage but I’m really determined to get an A
How much do I study everyday? - what’s a good way to manage my time?
(edited 10 months ago)
I believe in your capability to receive an A.

I don't know how your mind best works, but I would tell my young self to write and/or speak about a subject until she understands it. It might take a short or long period of time.

In the morning, you can write a plan of what to accomplish by the end of the day. :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Math - Regularly practise older topics as you go through the course so you don't have to go back to scratch when starting exam revision.

Physics - After every class at night spend 30 mins checking, refining and organising your class notes so they are in a good state for revision. If you have a revision guide at home/access to scholar read through the topic you are covering there and add anything helpful to your class notes. Start revision early.

English - Get folio out the way early, but make it good to get those marks. Early in the course work on improving your RUAE and understanding what is required, read (and understand, look for techniques) in a coupe of critical opinion pieces in quality newspapers every week. Good RUAE skills will help you in your set text and critical analysis. Think about your critical essay plan when you are learning in class - take good notes that will help you with your plan later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending