The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
curiositykilledthecat
The interview went soo smoothly, the interviewer was very kind and nice which helped me to stay calm (this is not typical for me :biggrin:)
I am applying to Visual Communication, but I am a bit pessimistic about getting in :erm: So I guess I will go to Loughborough for a foundation course if GSA reject me

Yeah, my interviewers wee lovely too, it really puts you at ease doesnt it. Was Glasgow your only choice this year?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
jeansrlazy
This wait is killing me lol, surely they'll have to let UCAS know by friday of their decision...

I've applied to textiles, had my interview on the 23rd, think it went quite well. It was good to get some feedback on my work. I also applied to 2 colleges to do a foundation/portfolio prep course, but weirdly i thought the art school interview went better.
What about yourself curiositykilledthecat/fokakommando? What are yous applying to? How did you feel the interview went?

Hey jeansrlazy!
I had my interview on the 23th too so we might have seen each other :smile: By the way I applied for visual comm. Gsa is my only choice cos i'm an international student and If they wont accept me i can do my fifth year in hungary.
Interview went really well so now i really want to get an answer.... hopefully it's gonna be on ucas by the 8th of may.
jeansrlazy
This wait is killing me lol, surely they'll have to let UCAS know by friday of their decision...

I've applied to textiles, had my interview on the 23rd, think it went quite well. It was good to get some feedback on my work. I also applied to 2 colleges to do a foundation/portfolio prep course, but weirdly i thought the art school interview went better.
What about yourself curiositykilledthecat/fokakommando? What are yous applying to? How did you feel the interview went?

Hey jeansrlazy!
I had my interview on the 23th too so we might have seen each other :smile: By the way I applied for visual comm. Gsa is my only choice cos i'm an international student and If they wont accept me i can do my fifth year in hungary.
Interview went really well so now i really want to get an answer.... hopefully it's gonna be on ucas by the 8th of may.
Good luck guys:smile:
Sorry for posting it two times i'm guite new here..
I wondering what you know about edinburgh college of arts is it better or worse then gsa?
I do not think that there is a big difference between them regards to the teaching quality, maybe it depends on the speciality ( I have heard ECA is very good for textiles/ jewelry and silversmithing). You can choose just one of them because they usually fill the places very quickly and there is no sense of putting one or the other as your 2nd choice :-)
Reply 25
Yeah, there is a little bit more choice of courses at ECA, for example, the have a specific fashion course as well as a dedicated textiles course, they have glass, intermedia art...and photography is a fine art subject at gsa, but a design subject at ECA. I think the big difference is really in the atmosphere and the general feel you get from the cities...I really love Glasgow, also a few of my pals went to GSA and sang its praises :smile:

Best of luck to everyone! xx
Reply 26
Thank you curiositykilledthecat and daVinci for your advices, it really really helped :smile: (by the way I have applied to photography)
I had my telephone interview on the 29th, the interviewer was really kind and made me confident. She said the results will be in two-three weeks...

:rolleyes:
gaah, rejected .. I cannot even realise it at the moment
What is the better way to ask for feedback - by telephone or e-mail ? I have doubts that they`ll answer my e-mail :/
Sooo I am going to Loughborough
hope you`ve gotten in, guys
: ( sorry curiositykilledthecat , have a great time at loughborough
(I doubt that they would answer by email to so ring they can only say no)
mine still hasn't changed on ucas ! (i'm scared)
I 'm really sorry curiositykilledthecat ..
I emailed them like 3 times regarding my lost portfolio and they never answered so call them.
I don't know anything yet but then maybe today... I hope you willl get in summer09...
Reply 30
i applied for painting printmaking, has anyone heard anything back, they told me 8th or 9th in interview...
Haven't heard anything yet but checking the ucas in every 2 minutes..... waiting is not my strong suit..
at least waiting can be a good sign :yep:
does anyone of you have a deviantart account ?
fokakommando, I know what you mean, I installed an automatic refresh add-on because I was tired of logging in :blush:
Hi everybody!
I just checked the ucas and i got an unconditional so maybe you should check it too..
See you at gsa :-)
Good luck
Reply 34
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas Ya ****** Dancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 35
Yes:smile:) unconditional p+ p . Who else coming? :smile:)
Do you have any idea what will happen now...i mean we'll get a letter or something?
Congartulations by the way :-)
Reply 37
ah sorry to hear that curiositykilledthecat :frown: I wish you the best of luck with your studies though! are you doing a foundation at loughborough? :smile: its definitely a great course there!

and well done fokakommando and vandamme :biggrin:! great news! See you both at GSA in september!! :smile:
Hey da vinci! Well done you too :-)
Gonna be great (or i hope so)
Reply 39
Hey, thank you :smile: hopefully it will be! Regarding your other question, you should get a letter. I think I got my letter before it came up on UCAS, but I guess each department may be different.

Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending