Turn on thread page Beta

Which colours should gingers avoid like the plague? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Question in the title. My specific shade of ginger can be seen in my profile.

EDIT: Might as well ask this too, any colours you think would look particularly good on me?

ReputationRep:
    Ginger.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Bright green's probably bad. I have no dress sense myself, but I tend to think: lighter colours on top, darker ones on the bottom, and don't go for anything fluorescent. I'm wearing red right now which I'd have thought clashed, but doesn't really look that bad.

ReputationRep:
    Dark green always looks good on gingers. And that blue in your pic looks fine.

ReputationRep:
    i think blue goes with ginger pretty well. as does turquoise sometimes. avoid bright pink and red tho. ugh i hate orange and pink together

ReputationRep:
    Pastels, I think, can be a bit dodgy sometimes, particularly if you have really pale skin which often comes with being a redhead. Dark green/blue/navy tends to work pretty well though

ReputationRep:
    just whatever you do, stay away from pink.

and avoid bright orange like the plague.

as well as anything neon or Day-glo.

As a fellow ginger I tend to find that moss green is the best colour to go with ginger and purple. I would avoid red and orange (although not totally) and also light, light blue.

*ginger high 5*

ReputationRep:
    Stay away from yellows/oranges for sure. I wouldn't recommend too many pale colours either, especially lilac. Dark colours tend to compliment gingers a lot, e.g. dark red, dark green etc.

ReputationRep:
    i think go for deep colours and keep away from paleish colours
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Halle Burton)
    just whatever you do, stay away from pink.
    pink lipstick looks ******* amazing on ginger people though! (bright!)

edit: not on guys... only on girls!"

ReputationRep:
    Avoid yellow/orange/red/pastel colours/pink, and wear darker shades of green, blue and purple!

ReputationRep:
    Avoid red :P

ReputationRep:
    My friend is a ginger and she looks good wearing anything.
    As would you.
    the key is to experiment... you would even look great wearing the right jacket that matches ur hair colour, believe it or not =)

ReputationRep:
    As an honorary (former) ginge, I'd say red and orange are the only colours you should steer clear of, although yellow isn't the best either. Purple, on the other hand, is hot.
    *Disclaimer* I don't actually know anything about mens' clothin, mind.

ReputationRep:
    as a fellow ginger i avoid:
    orange
    brown
    yellow
    cream
    white
    lilac

Colours I stick with:
    Dark green
    dark purple
    navy blue/midnight blue
    burgundy/deep reds
    silver (not gold)

ReputationRep:
    Cool, thanks guys. Pretty unanimous then: deep colour = good, pale colour = bad. I don't suppose anyone could hazard a guess as to what colour (or style of clothing, since we're here :p:) might look good on me specifically?

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.