The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Wow
Beanybob
A trilogy in four parts with five books, whats not to love? :p:

And is it really pronounced 'beetle - juice' like in the radio series?? Cos that seems a little too ridiculous...

Haha I'm ashamed to say I've only read the book although i have the radio series on itunes . . . I always thought it was pronounced something like beetlegyoos but beetle-juice sounds so much better (probably because it IS ridiculous lol).
Wow.
i'm significant to me, that's what matters
Reply 84
wow.
Reply 85
cool
Beanybob
A trilogy in four parts with five books, whats not to love? :p:

And is it really pronounced 'beetle - juice' like in the radio series?? Cos that seems a little too ridiculous...

yes pretty much - 'dʒuːz'
wow.
it's hard to comprehend how insignificant we are.
cowsgoquack
i'm significant to me, that's what matters

:top:
Reply 89
Everyone should look at stuff like this at least once a month. Just to put life into perspective.

I feel small. :smile: It's not such a bad feeling.
Anyway, as my ex-bf said, size doesn't matter.
Reply 91
*feels small and insignificant*
Reply 92
i was waiting for moving to bel air
Reply 93
I'll be honest: the more I read and the more I saw of those images, the more joy I felt. If it wasn't for my near total inability to cry, I would've been in tears.
Reply 94
Kudos to you!!

These images make me proud to want to study physics! It really shows how beautiful everything is, and to the person that said H-R posters should read this; LOOL
Reply 95
InquilabZindabad
Haha I'm ashamed to say I've only read the book although i have the radio series on itunes . . . I always thought it was pronounced something like beetlegyoos but beetle-juice sounds so much better (probably because it IS ridiculous lol).

In my head I thought something along the lines of bee-egg-le-toos. But I think thats mostly because is always skim over long words when I'm reading.... :redface:

I've never really listen to the radio series either, just heard snipets here and there...
Why does it? There's big stuff out there. That's all it says.
Reply 97
I never realised Uranus was so big.
Reply 98
We are not insignificant, because if you said, 'hey, look how complex these things are!' then the human brain would be right at the top of the list. At least, of known complex things...
Reply 99
Woah ! sensory overload! that's amazing! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending