The Student Room Group

Too much of a coincidence really...

So my ex knew I was flying back today and she knows I love flying, loves everything about it. She watched my story Thursday when I flew out, but then randomly stopped viewing the whole weekend for the first time ever.

Anyway, on Monday evening when I landed, she posted a random story on Insta of an aeroplane and a contrail. Bear in mind she has no interest in flying and does that on the evening I flew back...

I know we aren't talking at the moment, but I feel like this is her trying to play mind games to reach out? Or get me to reach out...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ConcordeBA
So my ex knew I was flying back today and she knows I love flying, loves everything about it. She watched my story Thursday when I flew out, but then randomly stopped viewing the whole weekend for the first time ever.

Anyway, on Monday evening when I landed, she posted a random story on Insta of an aeroplane and a contrail. Bear in mind she has no interest in flying and does that on the evening I flew back...

I know we aren't talking at the moment, but I feel like this is her trying to play mind games to reach out? Or get me to reach out...

Even if she's playing mind games, why bother about it since she's your ex? No offence, though. If she needs you, she'll try to communicate with you in some way, and let's wait for that. So, calm down and don't stress.
Can't stand people who play mind games, it's childish and immature. I suggest you just air her and move on.
(edited 11 months ago)
Why is she not blocked? She's an ex after all, time to move on.

I think don't react, and try to ignore her. She is obviously wanting some sort of reaction, but I think that you shouldn't give her the satisfaction...
Reply 5
Do you want to reach out to her?
Reply 6
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
Why is she not blocked? She's an ex after all, time to move on.

Ignore but don’t block. Blocking is the sign that you can’t move on and they still have an importance for you.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Euapp
Ignore but don’t block. Blocking is the sign that you can’t move on.

How so?
Reply 8
How so?

Unfollowing and blocking shows that you can’t stay neutral when you receive info on an ex. When a couple break up and move on they don’t mind what the other one gets up to. If all of a sudden they block or unfollow the ex it’s a sign that either they can’t move on or that they have a new bf/ gf who is jealous which again plays into the hands of the ex who’ll know that the new relationship isn’t stable and trust is lacking.
Original post by Euapp
Unfollowing and blocking shows that you can’t stay neutral when you receive info on an ex. When a couple break up and move on they don’t mind what the other one gets up to. If all of a sudden they block or unfollow the ex it’s a sign that either they can’t move on or that they have a new bf/ gf who is jealous which again plays into the hands of the ex who’ll know that the new relationship isn’t stable and trust is lacking.

Interesting perspective, cheers
Reply 10
Interesting perspective, cheers

You’re welcome.
Reply 11
Original post by Euapp

Its not about the ex and what they think though. When you're blocking you're doing it for yourself for your own healing so that you can move on in peace.
Reply 12
Unless you are directly tagged, I don’t think you should be bothered and you shouldn’t read too much into it, if she wants to reach out she will. Also, it is very common for people to posts silly stuff after break up. I think it’s a phase. If you have no plan on speaking to her again, just remove her from your social media.
Reply 13
Original post by xox416
Its not about the ex and what they think though. When you're blocking you're doing it for yourself for your own healing so that you can move on in peace.

If that is why you do it, it’s a valid and respectable reason . But the vast majority of people do it to mark points with the ex which has the complete opposite effect. Indifference hurts more.
Reply 14
Original post by taylor2317
I think don't react, and try to ignore her. She is obviously wanting some sort of reaction, but I think that you shouldn't give her the satisfaction...

Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Can't stand people who play mind games, it's childish and immature. I suggest you just air her and move on.

Original post by Meheraj
Even if she's playing mind games, why bother about it since she's your ex? No offence, though. If she needs you, she'll try to communicate with you in some way, and let's wait for that. So, calm down and don't stress.

I actually think she muted my story when she saw me enjoying myself Thursday. Unless she religiously didn't click it, which is impossible hah - but I don't get how or why she's done that, when she came across as having no feelings and didn't care. So the bit about blocking I get gives her satisfaction too...

But the posting of that story that will obviously invoke emotions in me is interesting. Because she knows, she's said it and I told her I was landing Monday evening.
Reply 15
Original post by Euapp

I didn't do it because I wanted her to see what she's lost out on. Because she killed a good relationship, that was going well. I didn't - but I understand her past and her avoidant attachment style.

Seems like she has muted my story though, which is interesting.
Reply 16
I didn't do it because I wanted her to see what she's lost out on. Because she killed a good relationship, that was going well. I didn't - but I understand her past and her avoidant attachment style.

Seems like she has muted my story though, which is interesting.

No offence but this just sounds like both of you are playing games. Just be mature enough to make a decision, you either keep her in your social media and be indifferent or remove her and move on.
Reply 17
Why don't you just talk to her instead of playing these games? Like really.
Reply 18
Original post by Kschu
No offence but this just sounds like both of you are playing games. Just be mature enough to make a decision, you either keep her in your social media and be indifferent or remove her and move on.

Original post by xox416
Why don't you just talk to her instead of playing these games? Like really.

I am not playing games. She's the one that posted that picture? I am just living my life, she's the one that's either not viewing what I am up to or has muted me then posted a very significant picture on the evening I flew in. I told her she can just reach out to me if she wants.
Reply 19
I am not playing games. She's the one that posted that picture? I am just living my life, she's the one that's either not viewing what I am up to or has muted me then posted a very significant picture on the evening I flew in. I told her she can just reach out to me if she wants.

Keep living your life. She can always be more direct and specific if she has something that she really wants to say to you. Until then don’t overthink it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending