The Student Room Group

Canterbury Christ Church Uni Or Uni Of Essex?

I've got offers from CCCU and Essex and I'm trying to decide which one to put as my firm. I want to do Psychology. I was just wandering what people (specifically people already at Essex or CCCU) have to say about the unis. I'm not going to base my choice on whats said though cus that's just silly, but I'd still like to know what insiders thought about the unis, cus at the end of the day the insiders will know more than I do.
I just want to know, what the unis are like? What the general population of the unis are like? Nightlife? Psychology course...is it any good? What are the facilities like? Accomadation? And the town surrounding the unis themselves? Just opinions really...

Thanks, much appreciated.:yep:
Reply 1
hi, im only doing a levels but i live near canterbury... its ok city, not massive though, just a student town really... depending on what you're looking for, its not my thing... but apparently psychology is good course at canterbury uni and theres loads of stuff for students there, like theatre stuff going on, but the nightlife isn't all that really... again, depends what you're looking for...hope that helps!!!!:biggrin:
Reply 2
I really like Canterbury. It's a really nice city with a great variety of people and it's really pretty as well. As for nightlife there are a few clubs but I don't really go to them as I'm more of a pub person, but the pubs are great, there's a really good variety.
I live near Canterbury, it's meant to be a student capital apparently... personally I don't see it :/
Reply 4
(kent uni is better :ninja:)
xx-joan-xx
I've got offers from CCCU and Essex and I'm trying to decide which one to put as my firm. I want to do Psychology. I was just wandering what people (specifically people already at Essex or CCCU) have to say about the unis. I'm not going to base my choice on whats said though cus that's just silly, but I'd still like to know what insiders thought about the unis, cus at the end of the day the insiders will know more than I do.
I just want to know, what the unis are like? What the general population of the unis are like? Nightlife? Psychology course...is it any good? What are the facilities like? Accomadation? And the town surrounding the unis themselves? Just opinions really...

Thanks, much appreciated.:yep:

I know a bit about CCU - it's quite a small enclosed campus, so good if you want that sort of friendly 'everyone knows everyone' atnosphere, and it's right next to gorgeous Canterbury. The lecturers are approachable, and a few come from Kent Uni which means they have a lot of experience at a very good Uni.

Really, just go on which one feels right for you: have you visited both the campuses - that's really important.
Ignore everyones above comments, they're just.......you know.

Essex University is the superior university, that's definite. It is good for research.

And seeing as you posted in the 'Student Life' forum, you might want to know that Essex is also a bit of a party university.
Reply 7
PrincessRose5
I know a bit about CCU - it's quite a small enclosed campus, so good if you want that sort of friendly 'everyone knows everyone' atnosphere, and it's right next to gorgeous Canterbury. The lecturers are approachable, and a few come from Kent Uni which means they have a lot of experience at a very good Uni.

Really, just go on which one feels right for you: have you visited both the campuses - that's really important.

Yeah i visited both unis. I really liked the town of Canterbury itself, and I liked Essex too, well apart from the towered accomodation. Yeah i think ur right, it's just done to a case of what feels right for me, I just wanted to find out more. Thanks though
xx-joan-xx
Yeah i visited both unis. I really liked the town of Canterbury itself, and I liked Essex too, well apart from the towered accomodation. Yeah i think ur right, it's just done to a case of what feels right for me, I just wanted to find out more. Thanks though

Also consider the courses, and things the Unis have to offer. If you need to, make a table of good points and bad points about the unis/courses/towns and that might help you decide.

Latest

Trending

Trending