The Student Room Group

Unit 1 PSYA1 AQA AS Psychology!

Scroll to see replies

sazzyb
I despised that study thing about Luca, really confused me and i could not remember fir the life of me that study at the end on Tazard and Hodges so decided i'd make up my own about Rutter et al.

Luca I just mentioned

- Stunted growth
- Lower IQ
- Struggle to form relationships with peers
- Struggle with parenting later on - no template

And other stuff like that

And what was the last question? I forgot :frown:
Reply 81
i got that tendancy question wrong but i think the mean was also wrong cause there were extreme values in both lists which i think was the 45 and the 6 - extreme values can have a validity effect on the mean
Reply 82
MANI_69
wot was the tendancy question about? has no idea what to write

i wrote that i would use the mean because it took all data scores into account..
and is the statistical average haha. completely don't know what that question was asking.
Reply 83
MANI_69
wot was the tendancy question about? has no idea what to write

The mean.
Reply 84
Dimitrib
i got that tendancy question wrong but i think the mean was also wrong cause there were extreme values in both lists which i think was the 45 and the 6 - extreme values can have a validity effect on the mean

It couldn't have been the mode since there was no number that appeared twice. Hence, I'm sure you could have either put the mean or median as long as you justified your answer.
Reply 85
(forget this post lol)
Reply 86

The last question was about day care i think. Something about agression?
Reply 87
sazzyb
I despised that study thing about Luca, really confused me and i could not remember fir the life of me that study at the end on Tazard and Hodges so decided i'd make up my own about Rutter et al.

I did that, wrote something about Rutter's study in 2007 about Romanian orphans then kind of made some other stuff up about it.
Reply 88
Luca question wasn't the best I was struggling to think so put a bit of continuity hypothesis in as it may affect his relationships with his children in later life...oh well, I found the others all OK just the 12 mark was pretty annoying...I wrote mainly about Peters and it's nice to see other people also put in the Loftus et al and I put that Mitchell et al contradicted it by saying it was anxiety that influenced the weapon focus...hm...

Just got to revise loaadddsss for Unit 2 as I am SO bad at that, oops =/
Reply 89
That was a good exam in my opinion. No question really baffled me much apart from the Luca one. Talked about the findings of Tizard and Hodges study and that he will end up having poor peer relationships???
I didn't get the Luca one at all :frown: i baffled on about the inability to give or receive affection, social, not being able to trust. i think that was right O_O
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Luca I just mentioned

- Stunted growth
- Lower IQ
- Struggle to form relationships with peers
- Struggle with parenting later on - no template

And other stuff like that

And what was the last question? I forgot :frown:

Yeh that's what I put for the question about Luca, I also mentioned disinhibited attachment.

The last question was good! It was something along the lines of 'describe the difference in behaviour between a securely-attached infant and an insecurely-attached infant'. I mentioned the differences in behaviour during separation and on reunion with their primary attachment figure.

shining_star
they change from year to year but in january you needed 50/72 for an A

Wow, that's not bad! :eek:

For the central tendency question, I put the median because the extreme results (e.g. 45 and 6) would have distorted the value if the mean was used. I don't remember there being a repeated value in each separate list so the mode couldn't be used.
Reply 92
rach.

For the central tendency question, I put the median because the extreme results (e.g. 45 and 6) would have distorted the value if the mean was used. I don't remember there being a repeated value in each separate list so the mode couldn't be used.

mmm yea i jus wish i cud have thought of that in the exam :P
What did everybody write for the extraneous variables question?
Reply 94
im thinking that was the volunteer sampling question...? if it was i said individual differences - every1 may have different levels of memory recalling
Erh, I hated the paper.
The January Unit 1 one was so much easier, damn it.

Ah well, good job I did well in January so sort of can afford to lose marks..
I was expecting soo much more on BOWLBY and LEARNING THEORYY!!! The 12 marker was a downer, i guess if u hadnt revised it, you were screwed!! But i think i made a load of crap up tbh!
Omg theres soo much i learned that didnt come up!!..Dont u hate it when that happens!?
The extrenous thing i missed out! .. ddnt understand it at all!
Reply 97
For the E.V question I put something about Observer bias to get the same findings as predetermined results also the mother may have participant bias, and I said she may change as she knows that others are watching the actions towards her child which the child may not be used to etc

Is anyone else also doing friday's exam? Or were most just retaking the Jan one?
viddi
For the E.V question I put something about Observer bias to get the same findings as predetermined results also the mother may have participant bias, and I said she may change as she knows that others are watching the actions towards her child which the child may not be used to etc

Is anyone else also doing friday's exam? Or were most just retaking the Jan one?

im doing fridays exam :frown:
Reply 99
How did everyone do in the essay question on Eye-Witness Testimony?

I included: the Yerkes-Dodson law, Weapon-focus effect, Yuille and Cutshall's armed robbery EWT interviews and somehow added in leading questions which seems quite irrelevant now that I think about it..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending