The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Israel has them, full stop... none of this "should" they crap, no-one is gonna to disarm them.
Reply 41
bj_945

And therefore to decide who gets nuclear weapons:rolleyes:

It blocks Iran from getting weapons (well tries to lol) but allows Israel to have them.
They"re both volatile countries in the Middle East. Considering Iran"s constant attempts to reconcile themselves with the west and chill the tensions I don"t consider them to be that extreme a nation.

President Khatami was a great guy. Why the US couldn"t reconcile at least to some extent when he was in office falls down to them. They tried. They gave the US information about the Afghani Taliban in return for goodwill gestrures. The US gave them nothing and of course the Iranis were upset. The Iranis remarkably went to them again to try and help them with Iraq. The US refused their help. Bush threw away so many opportunities to make the world a more peaceful and safer place and his actions with Iran are some of the worst I"ve seen.

My sympathies are entirely with the Iranians.

This. To add to your list, we wanted to remove the taliban in 1999, the USA didn't let us. We helped USA in 2001, we tried to help in 2003, but bush didn't let us and branded as the axis of evil.

We have asked washington twice to let us help with the peace process in Israel and we have been denied this too.

We were one of the first countries to sign the NPT, this allowed us to be given access to nuclear technology for civillian use, we paid german and french companies billions of dollars to help us with our nuclear reactors and they left half way and stole our money.

We have signed the NPT to be given nuclear technology as it states, but if we are denied this, then what do you expect us to do?

Also, they keep saying we had a secret nuclear programme. It was no secret. An MKO terrorist told america that we have secret nuclear reactors and they gave the address of one of those reactors, and it is right next to a busy road lmao and there is a sign saying busher nuclear plant. Secret my ass.

We are doing nothing wrong, and there is nothing they can do about it. We don't want nuclear weapons, they are expensive and act as a deterant, we can have that deterant without the cost by knowing how to make those bombs which is legal even if you have signed the NPT.
Reply 42
Bateman

We have asked washington twice to let us help with the peace process in Israel and we have been denied this too.

Yeah right, help the peace process by wiping Israel off the map! :rolleyes:

We are doing nothing wrong, and there is nothing they can do about it. We don't want nuclear weapons, they are expensive and act as a deterant, we can have that deterant without the cost by knowing how to make those bombs which is legal even if you have signed the NPT.

You're doing nothing wrong yet the entire Arab world has rallied against you.
Reply 43
Oh, it tries to chill tensions, does it? How does threatening Bahrain help?

Source? but we will get bahrain back, don't worry, even if it means letting the juice have Israel.

How does supplying Hamas and Hezbollah with weapons helps to chill tensions?

wait a second, do you seriously think Iran funds Hamas? :rofl: you will know Iran is funding Hamas when they kick your ass.

We are funding Hezbollah but they're not a terrorist organisation.
Reply 44
borismor
Yeah right, help the peace process by wiping Israel off the map! :rolleyes:

:o: this was very recent in the grand scheme of things.

You're doing nothing wrong yet the entire Arab world has rallied against you

Entire? and so what, of course they don't want us to have nuclear technology. Like i said, the NPT allows you to master enrichment up to the point when you could start making bombs. It just says you cannot build the bombs and we don't intend to.
BigBadSaint
but you don't need a conventional war to use nukes

How would a nuclear weapon help combat a guerrilla movement?
borismor
Who's more likely to use nukes against the US, Israel or Iran?

Neither are likely to...
Israel: 0.0000000000025
Iran: 0.0000000000055

Oh, it tries to chill tensions, does it? How does threatening Bahrain help?

What was the exact words said about bahrain? bahrain won't survive anyway, their monarchs will fall like Saddam.

Quid pro quo, how does the USA suppling and the total militarisation of the M.E help tensions? If anything they make everything worse.
Reply 47
Bateman
Source? but we will get bahrain back, don't worry, even if it means letting the juice have Israel.

http://www.kuwaittimes.net/read_news.php?newsid=MTE2NzM0Mjg1OA==

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article2789056.ece

wait a second, do you seriously think Iran funds Hamas? :rofl: you will know Iran is funding Hamas when they kick your ass.

Of course Iran is funding Hamas. It's not a secret.

We are funding Hezbollah but they're not a terrorist organisation.

Whatever they are - Iran is destabilizing the area by supporting them.
Reply 48
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
Neither are likely to...
Israel: 0.0000000000025
Iran: 0.0000000000055

That's your evaluation - not the US's.

What was the exact words said about bahrain? bahrain won't survive anyway, their monarchs will fall like Saddam.

Just don't say Iran is no naive and peace seeking - it is actively destabilizing the middle east.

Quid pro quo, how does the USA suppling and the total militarisation of the M.E help tensions? If anything they make everything worse.

What you don't seem to understand is that in light of the fact that Hezbollah and Iran seek the destruction of Israel, a tie breaker is a stabilizing factor.
Reply 49
Bateman
:o: this was very recent in the grand scheme of things.

Entire? and so what, of course they don't want us to have nuclear technology. Like i said, the NPT allows you to master enrichment up to the point when you could start making bombs. It just says you cannot build the bombs and we don't intend to.

Just don't say it's only the US that doesn't want to you have nukes.

It's the entire world, and if it's true that you're only looking for peaceful technology then your leaders need an urgent lesson in diplomacy.
Reply 50
oh sorry, borismor and forever is my name, i didn't read borismors post properly. I thought he meant any war and didn't see army vs. army.
Reply 51
[QUOTE="borismor"]http://www.kuwaittimes.net/read_news.php?newsid=MTE2NzM0Mjg1OA==

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article2789056.ece

What do those articles prove, i want sources that state Iran threatens Bahrain.

Well if it isn't secret then you wouldn't have a hard time finding sources.

Whatever they are - Iran is destabilizing the area by supporting them

Quid pro quo. We have a Mahdi army of over 75,000 fighters willing to fight for us in Iraq and around 5k highly trained hezbollah fighters in Israel and a lot more who can be recruited.
Borismor

Iran is far less likely to be funding Hamas than Hezbollah because of sectarian divides. Besides, Hamas has enough help already, without Iranian contributions....
Reply 53
borismor
Just don't say it's only the US that doesn't want to you have nukes.

It's the entire world, and if it's true that you're only looking for peaceful technology then your leaders need an urgent lesson in diplomacy.

I never have said that, and i have always said our leaders needed something, whether it is lessons in diplomacy or hourse tranqualisers.
Reply 54
also what do you mean the arab world has rallied against us? The arab world is divided and we are on the good side of a lot of them, what is more, we are on the side of the arabs themselves and that is what matters.
borismor
That's your evaluation - not the US's.

OK Iran nukes Florida, what happenes afterwards, every Iranian town and city is flattened. its not gonna happen, full stop.

Just don't say Iran is no naive and peace seeking - it is actively destabilizing the middle east.

Lets not mention Afghanistan, Iraq and the Caucasus, where Iran have been fully involved in helping to stabilize those areas.
How can you say Iran "is actively destabilizing the middle east" when foreign armies have invaded their 2 neighbours, Islamic extremists hostile to Iran are next door Talibanizing the country, influenced by the Saudi nutters. A militarised nation armed with 300 warheads who wants to keep their military monopoly on regional might. Armenia and Azerbijan slugging it out to its north, American warships all in the Persian Gulf.... and Iran is the bad guys? Whatever....

What you don't seem to understand is that in light of the fact that Hezbollah and Iran seek the destruction of Israel, a tie breaker is a stabilizing factor.

All political rhetoric.
Reply 56
By the way, Iran couldn't nuke America if it wanted to, it isn't even trying to get that capability because it knows it would be stupid. want proof? look at our missile projects, we are just looking at the technology needed for IBMs.
Reply 57
borismor
Who's more likely to use nukes against the US, Israel or Iran?

I don"t see that as the relevant question. Perhaps the relevant question is who is more likely to use nukes? Whatever the answer to that if Israel has the right to them, so does Iran

The introduction of the Israeli state into the area has caused a huge number of problems and a huge amount of instability. Of course the fault for this lies largely back with America:rolleyes:

I don"t expect the USA to be able to agree on everything with the Iranians...I don"t expect them to agree on everything any state does. What they can do is improve relations by working with the Iranians where the Iranians have graciously put themselves forward and actively tried to help the Americans. They won"t due to their own arrogance, dogmatism and right-wing lunacy. That co-operation is in everyone"s interest. Yes the Iranians tried to reduce tensions with these diplomatic efforts and the US threw it back in their faces. What more can you expect from the Iranians?
Reply 58
bj_945
I don"t see that as the relevant question. Perhaps the relevant question is who is more likely to use nukes? Whatever the answer to that if Israel has the right to them, so does Iran

Of course it is the relevant question - the US takes after it's own interest.

Don't be naive.

The introduction of the Israeli state into the area has caused a huge number of problems and a huge amount of instability. Of course the fault for this lies largely back with America:rolleyes:

Even so - I don't see how this contradicts the fact that Iran is destabilizing the middle east today.

I don"t expect the USA to be able to agree on everything with the Iranians...I don"t expect them to agree on everything any state does. What they can do is improve relations by working with the Iranians where the Iranians have graciously put themselves forward and actively tried to help the Americans.

How did they do that?

They won"t due to their own arrogance, dogmatism and right-wing lunacy. That co-operation is in everyone"s interest. Yes the Iranians tried to reduce tensions with these diplomatic efforts and the US threw it back in their faces. What more can you expect from the Iranians?

Blah blah - I could just as well accuse the Iranians of being stubborn and arrogant.
Reply 59
borismor
Of course it is the relevant question - the US takes after it's own interest.
Don't be naive.

I am talking about what is right not about what America wants. Those two things are almost always distinct:p:

Even so - I don't see how this contradicts the fact that Iran is destabilizing the middle east today.

Israel is destabilising the middle east today to a far greater extent than Iran. Yet they are allowed nuclear bombs and the Iranians aren"t?

How did they do that?

They offered to help the Americans by giving them information about the Afghani Taliban. They did and the US did not give anything to the Iranians in return, despite having promised they would. The Iranians helped the USA throughout the war and then offered to help the US rebuild Afghanistan.

Despite having been treated this way by the Americans, they went back to them to offer help with Iraq. Which the US refused.

Blah blah - I could just as well accuse the Iranians of being stubborn and arrogant.

They went to America. They got past pride etc and offered to help the Americans. That is not stubborn or arrogant but quite the opposite and seriously shows great maturity and restraint from the Iranian government. By refusing their help, the US acted in a stubborn, arrogant and reckless fashion.

Latest

Trending

Trending