The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
bj_945
The UK and US have killed thousands of "innocent" civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan etc.
Israel just killed thousands in the Gaza strip, often through illegal methods that have been deemed by the Human Rights Watch as "evidence of war crimes"...

Say what you want about America/UK killing in Afghanistan, I don't really have much of an opinion that - because I don't know enough about it!

But the Gaza strip malarky was generally defensive on Isreal's behalf.

Also, Isreal are a stable democratic nation! Afghanistan and alot of the middle Eastern countries are not!
Reply 81
Kinkerz
Say what you want about America/UK killing in Afghanistan, I don't really have much of an opinion that - because I don't know enough about it!

But the Gaza strip malarky was generally defensive on Isreal's behalf.

Also, Isreal are a stable democratic nation! Afghanistan and alot of the middle Eastern countries are not!

Democracies do commit atrocious acts too! Of course, people like you believe that only non-democratic governments are capable of evil... :yep:

I guess a democracy cannot be blamed because its government has to answer to the people... :eek:
Reply 82
UGeNe
Democracies do commit atrocious acts too! Of course, people like you believe that only non-democratic governments are capable of evil... :yep:

I guess a democracy cannot be blamed because its government has to answer to the people... :eek:

Excuse me if I feel secular, democratic governments are more stable :rolleyes:
Reply 83
Kinkerz
Excuse me if I feel secular, democratic governments are more stable :rolleyes:

The Russian government is stable...one strong party...:rolleyes:...so what?
Reply 84
UGeNe
The Russian government is stable...one strong party...:rolleyes:...so what?

Clutching at straws somewhat there, me-thinks. If you get a good nights sleep and come back tomorrow, you might do better.
Reply 85
Kinkerz
Clutching at straws somewhat there, me-thinks. If you get a good nights sleep and come back tomorrow, you might do better.

You are fixated on stability + democracy...may you are full of it? :woo:
Reply 86
UGeNe
You are fixated on stability + democracy...may you are full of it? :woo:

I'm fixated on stability. Democratic and secular governments are generally more stable!

The bolded bit makes absolutely no sense.
Reply 87
Kinkerz
I'm fixated on stability. Democratic and secular governments are generally more stable!

The bolded bit makes absolutely no sense.

But your avatar makes too much sense. :eek: :cool:
Reply 88
UGeNe
Muslim countries think Israel wouldn't dare use nukes against them because they clearly don't have any of their own...:wink:

I really don't see any sense in that.
Reply 89
borismor
I really don't see any sense in that.

Russia could have threated Georgia with its nukes instead of using tanks and jets...what do you think would have happened?
Reply 90
UGeNe
But your avatar makes too much sense. :eek: :cool:

Your rep makes too much sense.

You, sir, are an idiot.
Reply 91
Kinkerz
Your rep makes too much sense.

You, sir, are an idiot.

Thank you for your co-operation.
Reply 92
bj_945

a)
1) My idea of right is not to "have another civil war". My idea of right is for the land to return to the Palestinian people.

The consequences of which are very well known to you.

2) Considering that is never going to happen, the right to return is the best thing we can do for the Palestinian people. They might have to live under a government that is not their own, but at least they should have the right to their private property back. Talking real-world practical solution, I advocate the right of return. It is the least Israel can do and of course anyone with a brain would criticise Israel for refusing to give back property they forced people out of.

Real world practical solutions, eh?

How many refugees lost their homes when India was partitioned, on both sides? Millions.

How come there's no Indian/Pakistani refugee problem today?

How many Germans were expelled from their homes in Czechoslovakia after WWII, just as a punishment? Millions. How come there's no German refuge problem toady?

Because in the real world - the practical solution is for the refugees to rebuild their lives in their host countries, not to bring them back so they can avenge themselves.

b)
Right as I explained carefully to you, I do not expect Iran and the US to agree on everything. However, if the US are given opportunities to reconcile and reduce tensions they should take it. If they reconcile, they can better discuss their differences and compromise. Iran extended their hand and the US threw it back at Iran.

The US has been beating around the bush with Iran for a very long time with no results. Now that the attitude has changed - suddenly the US is the one to blame.
Reply 93
UGeNe
Thank you for your co-operation.

Emphasising your own idiocy.

:congrats:
Reply 94
Kinkerz
Emphasising your own idiocy.

:congrats:

Do you like cream-filled donuts?

Please stay on topic.

Israel WILL burn if its allowed nuclear weapons...
Reply 95
UGeNe
Russia could have threated Georgia with its nukes instead of using tanks and jets...what do you think would have happened?

I still don't see any comparison. Russia's war against Georgia was not a self-defense war.

If Israel is pushed against the wall - the red button in Tel Aviv will be pushed.
Reply 96
borismor
I still don't see any comparison. Russia's war against Georgia was not a self-defense war.

If Israel is pushed against the wall - the red button in Tel Aviv will be pushed.

SO nukes are self-defensive in a war in which only one side has them?

Sounds more like a REVENGE device. We lost but you wouldn't win.
Reply 97
UGeNe
Do you like cream-filled donuts?

Please stay on topic.

Israel WILL burn if its allowed nuclear weapons...

I think my point is made now. I need not say any more.
Reply 98
Kinkerz
I think my point is made now. I need not say any more.

Are you talking to me or to the audience you think you have on here?

A bit pompous, don't you think?
Reply 99
UGeNe
SO nukes are self-defensive in a war in which only one side has them?

They are a great deterrent.

Sounds more like a REVENGE device. We lost but you wouldn't win.

Which is exactly why such a scenario is very unlikely.

Latest

Trending

Trending