The Student Room Group

What book should I read?

I got a B in Geography at A2 but it was partly down to luck with the questions tbh. So I could do with brushing up my skills before Uni.

I don't know the following:

Soils, yuck hopefully won't need this!
And then pressure in the weather system and that stuff, I know about the hadley cells movement and things, just not the pressures and what they indicate.

There's probably a few other things aswell, which I don't remember so anyone want to recommend a book that will summarise it.

This is the book we used at school:

I might just buy that, but it's like £22 from Tesco.
Reply 1
Strahler and Strahler is quite a good general Physical Geog overview:
http://www.amazon.com/Introducing-Physical-Geography-Alan-Strahler/dp/0471417416
Reply 2
That silver book is pretty good, we use it at school for the basis of all our studying. :s-smilie:

It's worth getting more up to date case studies than the ones that are in there, though.
Reply 3
Why don't you look at what you will actually be studying at university at try to do some preliminary reading on that? My course has very little about soils or the atmosphere in it and so reading up on it would have been pretty useless for me.
Reply 4
id say do the same as what "theonewho" has said....most universities will have detailed outlines of what you will be studying on the course on thier websites...

i was in the same predicament as you when i started uni many moons ago....however looked on the geog department for my unis website and it gave me a whole breakdown of modules and stuff id be looking at...

also some universities send out reading lists over the summer...so dont go buying up all the geography books in the local bookstore, coz u may just buy the wrong ones lol!

Latest

Trending

Trending