The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you fail your exams you won't get into uni, and your life will be bad.

There you go.
Reply 2
harry19
maybe motivation is hiding in my xbox.. and the only way to get him out of there is to play it!

This is exactly how my mind works.

I find if you do little bits at a time its a lot easier handle. Or scare yourself into working.
Reply 3
YOUR GOING TO FAIL, YOU LITTLE PIECE OF ****. EVERYBODY ELSE WILL HAVE NICE CARS, UNIVERSITY DEGREES AND GOOD JOBS BUT YOU WILL BE STUCK IN A DEAD END JOB BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T REVISE. YOU'LL BE A TOTAL WASTE OF SPACE AND NO GIRL WILL WANT YOU EITHER. - hope it helped! (rushes to desk)
Two places:

One: It lies in leverage. What great things will be possible if you do the things you need to do? What won't be possible?
Really take on the consequences of YES and NO. Be honest. Give your real answers.

Two: Motivation is just a word. It comes down to doing it or not doing it. Motivation is a rationalisation. **** thinking. Thinking is overrated.
ACT.
Wake up, get out of bed, shower, eat REVISE. Dont say Ill spend "10 minutes on the internet first". You've got to zoom right into action. Dont give yourself any time to think, make up excuses or create allowances.

If the first substantive thing you do is revision that will set a trend for the day.

Wash rinse repeat every day.

Good luck!
Reply 5
If (has been the case for this academic year) I am very interested in what I am studying then motivation is never an issue. I want to revise and do well simply because I enjoy learning the topic itself.

Oh, I also have a bit of an ego issue; if I find something hard I will keep working on it until I get it down, as I [have managed to convince myself to] believe that there shouldn't be anything academic I can't tackle. I'll actually be offended with myself until I can do it.
Reply 6
I got to do some work ill go make a quick cup of tea, wait ill have a quick shower. Ok now i've reached the computer, better check the email.Ok just a quick 10 min check on TSR or I wont be able to focus on work. Ok I've read the first paragraph of my work , starting to feel tired. go for a 10 min break.

Hmm before i get started ill quickly check the latest news(loads up google reader with 5 rss feeds) an hour later - I cant seem to settle down to work, maybe i need to take my mind off it with abit of pc gaming.

My usual work routine :P It only breaks the night before a deadline.
Reply 7
INTit
I got to do some work ill go make a quick cup of tea, wait ill have a quick shower. Ok now i've reached the computer, better check the email.Ok just a quick 10 min check on TSR or I wont be able to focus on work. Ok I've read the first paragraph of my work , starting to feel tired. go for a 10 min break.

Hmm before i get started ill quickly check the latest news(loads up google reader with 5 rss feeds) an hour later - I cant seem to settle down to work, maybe i need to take my mind off it with abit of pc gaming.

My usual work routine :P It only breaks the night before a deadline.

haha - me :yep:
I feel the same this week. However I have been in a bad mood in general so that doesn't help.
harry19
because i have looked everywhere for it and right now ANYTHING seems more appealing than revision :frown: i really need to do well in these exams too but i just cant bring myself to revise.. i only have a month :frown:!!!

maybe motivation is hiding in my xbox.. and the only way to get him out of there is to play it!

any useful revision tips?

You may have seen him before but here's Action Jackson again!
I'm in so the same boat.
Can;t even think of an easy way to deal with it, except forcing myself to concentrate...

I have the attention span of a 5year old... and once my concentration is gone. thats it bye bye... (the point at which I then give up and watch dvd's. I have several T.V seasons to get thru.

Then again the thing that really gets me to work is saying I HAVE to do this before I can do something I want to do like play a game of tennis... watch tv. eat... LOL.
Trying to minimise the possible distractions is also a pretty good method (I went to school to work during study leave last year, only way I could do it lol!
Reply 11
Knowing i wont get into uni unless i work my arse off usually helps....
Phonicsdude
Two places:

One: It lies in leverage. What great things will be possible if you do the things you need to do? What won't be possible?
Really take on the consequences of YES and NO. Be honest. Give your real answers.

Two: Motivation is just a word. It comes down to doing it or not doing it. Motivation is a rationalisation. **** thinking. Thinking is overrated.
ACT.
Wake up, get out of bed, shower, eat REVISE. Dont say Ill spend "10 minutes on the internet first". You've got to zoom right into action. Dont give yourself any time to think, make up excuses or create allowances.

If the first substantive thing you do is revision that will set a trend for the day.

Wash rinse repeat every day.

Good luck!

great advice

Latest

Trending

Trending