The Student Room Group
It's probably just an excuse and they don't want to defer your offer. There's no "UCAS rules" forbidding it, UCL were perfectly happy to defer my entry when I decided to take a gap year. They're perfectly allowed to say no, and tell you to reapply, and maybe they just didn't want to say so bluntly that they don't want you.

What course is it? Some subjects like sciences and maths just plain don't like gap years because the course is based on accumulative knowledge that you might forget during a year out.
Reply 2
music. yeah obviously theyre allowed to tell me to reapply. i was just suspicious about this ucas rules excuse. and its not that they dont want me...
yesboss
music. yeah obviously theyre allowed to tell me to reapply. i was just suspicious about this ucas rules excuse. and its not that they dont want me...

I would say that it was, tbh. If they wanted to defer your place, they could. Sounds like they made up the UCAS rule and you'll just have to reapply. It's the job of admissions tutors to know the UCAS rules, so they know full well it's possible to defer entry. I doubt you're the first person to have asked.
Reply 4
Ah... i went through a stage when i thought i didnt want to go to uni, for many reasons.... phoned up both uni and ucas and apparently you have to state whether its going to be deferred entry at the start of the application process. really stupid i know.... but its just what i got told
Reply 5
Joanna May
I would say that it was, tbh. If they wanted to defer your place, they could. Sounds like they made up the UCAS rule and you'll just have to reapply. It's the job of admissions tutors to know the UCAS rules, so they know full well it's possible to defer entry. I doubt you're the first person to have asked.

well i know they are looking forward to me coming there, so its definitely not that they dont want me. i dunno....the point is i am already on a gap year. i applied deferred. but i want to defer for yet another year. maybe that is the problem :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending