The Student Room Group

Processing same evidence

Hi,

I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I was meant to start 3rd year of my course this September, applied for Student Finance as soon as it opened and got it all approved beginning of April 2023.

Unfortunately, a couple of weeks ago I found out I'll have to repeat the year - defferal accepted and I'll be attending with attendance, all sorted uni side.

I went on my SF application and made the change from 3 to 2 year online as the option was there.

I was then asked for the same evidence again - that my children rely on me financially and their IDs.

Firstly, I am confused why a change in the course year would prompt this, surely just the uni confirming I'm attending 2nd year again would be fine?

And secondly, it's evidence they already received and approved 5 months ago...and it added an extra 6 weeks wait to my payment date. I'm desperate.

To make things worse, there are 4 links to provide the 4 pieces of evidence (1 for proof of kids financially depending on me and 3 for an ID each) but they all upload to the 1st link, meaning the application is still showing as "actions to complete" despite uploading it all separately the way they asked.
I rang them up to clarify why I had to upload the evidence when nothing had changed other than the course year, and I'm basically duplicating the documents - I was told they'd look into it but no promises. A day later, they added an extra week to the processing time on my "next update" estimate :/

What do I do to clear/speed things up? :frown:

Thank you
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Sylwianotts
Hi,

I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I was meant to start 3rd year of my course this September, applied for Student Finance as soon as it opened and got it all approved beginning of April 2023.

Unfortunately, a couple of weeks ago I found out I'll have to repeat the year - defferal accepted and I'll be attending with attendance, all sorted uni side.

I went on my SF application and made the change from 3 to 2 year online as the option was there.

I was then asked for the same evidence again - that my children rely on me financially and their IDs.

Firstly, I am confused why a change in the course year would prompt this, surely just the uni confirming I'm attending 2nd year again would be fine?

And secondly, it's evidence they already received and approved 5 months ago...and it added an extra 6 weeks wait to my payment date. I'm desperate.

To make things worse, there are 4 links to provide the 4 pieces of evidence (1 for proof of kids financially depending on me and 3 for an ID each) but they all upload to the 1st link, meaning the application is still showing as "actions to complete" despite uploading it all separately the way they asked.
I rang them up to clarify why I had to upload the evidence when nothing had changed other than the course year, and I'm basically duplicating the documents - I was told they'd look into it but no promises. A day later, they added an extra week to the processing time on my "next update" estimate :/

What do I do to clear/speed things up? :frown:

Thank you

Hi there, we wouldn't need this evidence again if you've not withdrawn. If you've made a change then once it's processed your application will be updated. We do advise 25 working days but that's subject to change as timescales are estimates. If you keep an eye on your account once it's updated you'll be able to see the amendments on your application. We can't access accounts on this platform so if you do require further assistance you can call us on 0300 100 0607 or use the live chat in your account. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending