The Student Room Group

Physician Associate Course Schedule and Placement Experiences

Hi,
I'm starting the PA course this Sept. I will be commuting, and am trying to get an idea of logistics. Would any past or present PA students (from any uni) tell me if you had to be in every single day 9-5, or if the course schedule has independent study time which can be done off uni site? Will I possibly have days where I finish before 5 and can go home earlier and so on? Is it manageable to juggle both studying the course, and having time for family? What are/were your average placement experiences in terms of schedules and start and finish time? I understand I'll have a better idea once I start the course, but I'm just trying to prepare myself and my family for what my weekdays may look like once I start. Thanks in advance to anyone that will help.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by veelybanks
Hi,
I'm starting the PA course this Sept at Uni of Bradford. I will be commuting, and am trying to get an idea of logistics. Would any past or present PA students (from any uni) tell me if you had to be in every single day 9-5, or if the course schedule has independent study time which can be done off uni site? Will I possibly have days where I finish before 5 and can go home earlier and so on? Is it manageable to juggle both stufying the course, and having time for family? What are/were your average placement experiences in terms of schedules and start and finish time? I understand I'll have a better idea once I start the course, but I'm just trying to prepare myself and my family for what my weekdays may look like once I start. Thanks in advance to anyone that will help.

How are u starting in September we haven't had interviews yet
Reply 2
Original post by Momo1998
How are u starting in September we haven't had interviews yet

Hi, I deffered
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me what the interview process was?
Been invited for interview but struggling to find anything to suggest whether if it's MMI or panel etc?
Thanks in advance
Original post by veelybanks
Hi,
I'm starting the PA course this Sept at Uni of Bradford. I will be commuting, and am trying to get an idea of logistics. Would any past or present PA students (from any uni) tell me if you had to be in every single day 9-5, or if the course schedule has independent study time which can be done off uni site? Will I possibly have days where I finish before 5 and can go home earlier and so on? Is it manageable to juggle both studying the course, and having time for family? What are/were your average placement experiences in terms of schedules and start and finish time? I understand I'll have a better idea once I start the course, but I'm just trying to prepare myself and my family for what my weekdays may look like once I start. Thanks in advance to anyone that will help.

Hello, I am currently in my first year and so how it works in my uni is we started off with lectures first few months before going to GP and then we went back for lectures and now I am currently doing hospital placement. You are expected to be there from 9-5 for uni although you may finish earlier on some days but my uni had last minute reschedules so this could mean change of plans. I graduated from biomed this summer so I do definitely notice a jump in the course in terms of not having enough time for yourself but again it’s not impossible because there are people who have passed and graduated. Here and there we also have independent study days which I normally use to take a day off just because of how overwhelming the course can be.

In terms of placement it is usually 9-5 but again depends on specialty. I’m starting off with ED but they expect me to do 10 hrs and we may have to come in late . The latest shift id from afternoon till 10pm.

If you have any Qs pls feel free to ask.
Original post by poojakv134
Hello, I am currently in my first year and so how it works in my uni is we started off with lectures first few months before going to GP and then we went back for lectures and now I am currently doing hospital placement. You are expected to be there from 9-5 for uni although you may finish earlier on some days but my uni had last minute reschedules so this could mean change of plans. I graduated from biomed this summer so I do definitely notice a jump in the course in terms of not having enough time for yourself but again it’s not impossible because there are people who have passed and graduated. Here and there we also have independent study days which I normally use to take a day off just because of how overwhelming the course can be.

In terms of placement it is usually 9-5 but again depends on specialty. I’m starting off with ED but they expect me to do 10 hrs and we may have to come in late . The latest shift id from afternoon till 10pm.

If you have any Qs pls feel free to ask.

Hi, i will be starting the course next year so do you recommend any books i should read beforehand?

Quick Reply

Latest